Electrical Tape

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
As most of you know Ford assembly line employees use a lot of electrical tape under the hood. Some of it is on there really well and some of it comes loose. The Bullitt Archive says to use liquid tape to solve this problem:
http://www.bullittarchive.com/5008.htm

However, I chose to use blue zip ties to replace pieces of electrical tape that were coming loose in various places.

Here are some pics, also note the shrink wrap tubing I applied to the negative ground battery wire. That wire is directly behind the hood/headlight gap that allows engine ventilation and gets blasted with water and other corrosive substances when the car is travelling at speed.

View attachment 460580

View attachment 460582

View attachment 460584

View attachment 460586

View attachment 460588

View attachment 460590

View attachment 460592

View attachment 460594

View attachment 460596

View attachment 460598

• Sponsors (?)

That engine is clean as it gets! There is no dust in sight.

I've gotta do something about mine ... that liquid tape in the bullitt archive looks like butt. I think I'm going to use tie wrapz too, looks good. :nice:

It is not really that hard to get the engine looking like that:

-go to a spray and wash and power blast after spraying down with citrus degreaser
-let engine dry
-mist all over with 303 Aerospace Protectant
-let engine dry
-spray rinse with garden hose and wipe down various areas

That's all there is to it :nice:

Of course I do not recommend doing this unless you are sure all your COP boots are sealing well and make sure you avoid spraying the electrical areas as illustrated in your owner's manual.