Ethanol in gasoline

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
As I was filling up today, I noticed these signs in the station.

View attachment 443418

I thought that was pretty interesting. The gas station I was at is actually owned by the station across the street from it, whom does not have these signs, and the gas over there was a penny more. I figured I could do well enough without the high ethanol blend.

If anyone was curious, this was what I paid. Quite a bit more than my last fillup :D Unfortunately, that last tank was the worst mileage I have ever gotten before. 200 miles flat to the whole tank.... I did have my pedal down quite a bit this tank though...
View attachment 443420

Sorry about the crappy camera phone. It takes much better pictures if I clean the lens of pocket lint first. I was in a rush to get out of that station; this retard with a trailer full of lawnmowers hanging out was not skilled enough to be alive, much less driving, and had come real close to my car a few too many times for my liking.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in a government mandated 10% ethanol blend area. The prices are about $2.60 right now.

When I ran 100% fuel, my MPG was slightly better, but I didn't notice any performance difference. I'm happy a station would come out and say they are ethanol free. I'd definately go there if I had the choice.