Exhaust Question

SeriousStang8_

Sep 6, 2008
I got a 01 GT supercharged, bone stock exhaust. im in the process of fixin a blown head gasket but wen i do it ima do the full exhaust. Wat is anyones thoughts on the best setup. im def gonna get a stainless so it lasts longer, but idunno wat to do:shrug: i want the car to scare the $#!% outta cars with the idle but keep that mustang rumble

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with some longtubes and borla stingers for mufflers. Longtubes are going to give you the most h.p. Do you have vehicle inspections? if so you'll probably need to get a mid pipe with cats...Here in florida, we don't have inspections, so I don't have to worry about it. My car doesn't have a F/I yet, but I put on some MAC longtubes and a prochamber midpipe. In addition, I have flowmaster 40's on it. It sounds good at idle, but I'd like it to be alittle louder. But when I get on it, it really gets loud. Thats why I suggested the borla stingers, its basically a sound resignator for a muffler. I know some other guys are using other setups that are pretty loud......

yea i dont really care bout the price wat ever it is ill save up eventually, but i do care bout the sound and im def tryin to get the max RWHP, idunno if its true but i heard a Mac set up with a pro-chamber nets the most gains

Longtubes are a must. Most people will tell you that the h-pipe has more of a "muscle car" sound but i love my x-pipe and thats probably all i'll use. Plus the x-pipe will get you more power. As for catback, i love the sound of the slp lm2's. Or if you don't mind saving the Bassani catback sounds like pure bliss:hail2::drool:

Bassani X-Pipe all the way . . . if ya have more than 60,000 on the clock ya can 'modify' the cats. In this case that would mean dropping from 6 cats to 2 and still be legal. Might run into problems with long tubes in NY though. Bassani shorty SS headers are good though ya do lose some valuable scavenging. Go SS cat-backs as well. Personally, I like the old-school throaty sound of the Flowmaster force II 3-Chamber exhaust but if ya wanna go SS ( which I am too ) ya can't go wrong with Borla or Bassani. Either way . . . you'll never have to change your exhaust again . . . unless ya bottom out . . . DON'T DO THAT !! OH, and don't forget to change your O2 sensors.