F.A.S.T./ Electrical Install

Bkrom281

Feb 5, 2003
The majority of the install is pretty self explanatory on the engine side of the firewall, but inside, I'm at a loss. The engine is a '98 cobra going into a 2001 GT:
1. Since EDIS was incorporated into the PCM in '99, what module/harness do i splice the few FAST wires from (per the EDIS diagram from FAST)?
2. Can I run the fan relay wire directly to the fan motor w/o going through the junction box in the passenger side fender?
3. What Ford factory wires still remain to run my Radio/AC/Tach/Speedo? (Do I just start yanking all the wires which pass from behind the pass. side kick plate that run through the rubber grommet through the firewall?
4. I was told by Lance at FAST that if I want to run COP (vs. coilpacks), I should splice my old 2001 harness and have them join through a MSD DIS-4 box and pair 2 COPs together which fire together (I know which fire together...just not in front of me now)...I need a need more info. as how to do this.
5. Also, converting to a return style fuel system, I removed the power and ground wires that ran the pump inside the tank from the factory harness...was this ok?...I let the other 2 wires which what I assume control the fuel level gauge intact. Do I simply keep all the other misc. fuel electronics on the car even though I'm going to run the fuel pump wire from the FAST harness through the voltage regulator (similar to the Weldon dial-a-flow, but Barry Grant) and then to the pump?
6. Will I still have keyless entry and PATS even though the EEC/PCM are now gone?

Any help will be appreciated. Once I get this stuff squared away, its time for the turbo install (provided I finally receive my turbo :bang: from TP)

Brad

• Sponsors (?)

subscribing.... I'm curious about the return-style conversion too since I'll be in the same boat as you in about six months. :) good luck with the setup, it sounds like it's going to be sick.

Just out of curiosity, what made you pick the FAST system? I had planned on using the Gen VII DFI setup, but there's a fairly finite number of people who use this sort of stuff so I'm always hungry for info :D

-g