Factory Air Intake Tube Replacement?

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
I have the factory air intake tube with the stock air box. I'm thinking of swapping it with a tube that doesn't have the ribbed bends. I don't know if it will make a difference?
I use to have a C&L tube, but the person who temporarily owned my car put the stock tube on. I can buy a C&L tube, but unfortunately I would have to purchase the whole set up with the C&L meter. I'm running a Pro-M. https://www.americanmuscle.com/cnl-76maf-upgrade-8993gt.html
Do they sell just an air tube to work with my set up?
Thanks

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

If the question is about gaining HP with just that short tube then my answer would be, "No".

I mean, if your entire induction system is 80mm and you have the stock tube then it's different. With an OEM size air meter, throttle body, and intake, I would say that that tube is worth exactly zero HoRzEpWrZ.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have the 3" tube from the mass air meter to the throttle body from my BBK cold air kit. Moved up to 3.5" so it's just sitting on the bench if you want it let me know. Looks like the tube in this picture:

1684597389096.png

I have the blue silicone couplers and the clamps as well.

If the question is about gaining HP with just that short tube then my answer would be, "No".

I mean, if your entire induction system is 80mm and you have the stock tube then it's different. With an OEM size air meter, throttle body, and intake, I would say that that tube is worth exactly zero HoRzEpWrZ.
I have an Edelbrock Intake, 75 mm throttle body, and a Pro-M 75mm mass air meter to the stock air.

They don't even sell that kit... Turn5 ( American muscle) bought c&l years ago and blew the kits out for that price, that's just a relic left on the site, its been out of stock for probably 5 years now.