Factory Speaker Questions

Im looking at replacing all 4 factory speakers in my 96 convertible & just wondering if someone knew the exact measurements of the two front door speakers & the rear passenger seat speakers (3.5"? 5"?) so I can price them before I decide...

Also any suggestions on a good speaker brand (Using a Sony Xplod Mp3 Player) or any tips on removing the old speakers? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Will
www.96Stang.com

• Sponsors (?)

96droptop said:
Im looking at replacing all 4 factory speakers in my 96 convertible & just wondering if someone knew the exact measurements of the two front door speakers & the rear passenger seat speakers (3.5"? 5"?) so I can price them before I decide...

Also any suggestions on a good speaker brand (Using a Sony Xplod Mp3 Player) or any tips on removing the old speakers? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Will
www.Stang.tk

If you intend to stay with just the Sony HU and not use any separate amplifiers, then I would recommend using a quality 5x7/6x8 like Alpine, JLAudio, MBQuart or Kicker. http://www.infinitecaraudio.com has the Kicker K57.2 for $129, MSRP $250. Stay away from the cheap 2 or 3-ways. They are notorious for having crummy crossovers. If you were to use quality amplification, then I would recommend a nice component set.