Fast Specialties

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
It is a sad affair when I see such a desperate attempt of a business conducting themselves in such an unprofessional manor. Fast Specialties is such a said company. Let me explain:

From my understanding, All Ford Performance has a regionally, if not nationally reputable name. It is copyrighted and or trademarked. If you were to type in www.allfordperformance.com you would reach this fine companies web site.

HOWEVER If you were type the web site www.allfordperformance.net you will succumb to being a victim of Phishing. For those of you who are unaware you are being a victim of fraudulent activity, please see this said definition taken from dictionary.com

Phishing

A method of identity theft carried out through the creation of a website that seems to represent a legitimate company. The visitors to the site, thinking they are buying something from a real business, submit their personal information to the site. The criminals then use the personal information for their own purposes, or sell the information to other criminal parties.

This is an internet scandal, scam, and in my opinion the inverse of a class act.

When someone goes through the effort to not publicly humiliate you as well as REARRANGE dates of a meet out of respect for you, you go off and do something like THIS?????

WTF Fast Specialties???

• Sponsors (?)

I don't see any phishing, scam or illegal activity anywhere.

It's a simple redirect.

Misleading ... yes ... Illegal ... NO.

It's redirecting to FAST's website which is clearly representing where you are. If the site was asking for your private information while appearing to be "All Ford Performance" in order to proceed that would be phishing.

For example, eBay spam mail often contains e-mail 'from' eBay stating you need to follow this link to update your personal information. Takes you to a site which looks just like it, but what you're doing is filling out a form which goes directly to the 'phisher'.

Simple.

Personally, I think it's lame FAST would buy the name when their really is nothing related name wise but they do work on Ford cars. AFP doesn't own the .NET or .ORG, or .CC or ... or ... To prevent this they could have purchased it straight up and had it redirect to the .COM.

Imagine if some **** website purchased the .NET site it would result in the same problem. Just like the White House site, certainly not illegal but with out a doubt misleading.

Personally, I think it's lame FAST would buy the name when their really is nothing related name wise but they do work on Ford cars. AFP doesn't own the .NET or .ORG, or .CC or ... or ... To prevent this they could have purchased it straight up and had it redirect to the .COM.

Imagine if some **** website purchased the .NET site it would result in the same problem. Just like the White House site, certainly not illegal but with out a doubt misleading.

ok I wasnt going to respond to this thread HOWEVER... Tyler, Im sure you dont or maybe you do? know that FAST is right down the street from AFP and are in the "same" line of business however they are by no mean "competition" (imo). I agree with it being lame too but when one company starts a website do they sit back and think ohh I better purchase all the domains so the shop down the street wont buy them:shrug: and to think that at one time I actually stepped foot in that business and bought something from them. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Misha :D

How flattering for the boys at AFP that another business would NEED to use their name to get someone's attention...

It seems this **** is ongoing... first the blue tape scandal, and then this.

I think a lot of people can agree that the local automotive performance community can't just "Let it go".....

You use the word brutal, fine. I use the words loyal and honest and ethical. My double major in a reputable school of business as well as my lifes experience, as well as those who have chided in with me all helps me to gather my convictions about this garbage. I have no affiliation with any shop and am willing to go to all.... except Fast now.

Tyler, its not phishing if you redirect to your own business with different domains. THAT however is redirecting traffic intended for others. That is what we call stealing.

Do a wikipedia search for it.. Not much mentioned about internet but I think we can all apply it to this situation. Misleading customers who are unaware they are not getting the comany they intended to reach.

Since I have done business with both places I feel the need to respond. But first, let me give you an example:

McDonald's - Happy Meal
Burger King - Kid's Meal

Both are vying for the same customers. Are their adds, prices, naming, quality, similar? Absolutely... but you'd only know the quality of their product/service if you've actually done business with them.

Are you going to tell me that every place you do business has the most ethical marketing strategy? Paleeeeze. The name.net vs. name.com idea is pretty lame, but it still redirects you to Fast Specialties' website which should make you realize that you're looking in the wrong place when looking for All Ford.

As a consumer I go with who treats me right; and so far, both companies have. As a result, I will continue to do business with both.

Don't sweat the small stuff people.

Later,

Logan

C-
I understand hes your friend. however dont you think it a deceitful tactic ?

Mishhh,

I cant disagree with you, and perhaps it is a bit deceitful. I dont defend them, just think we on SN jump very quickly to bash them. I am true to AFP because too me, Jeff is the best mechanic I have ever seen. I would travel to have Jeff work on my cars, and in fact, sometimes I fustrate him cause I bring him Chevy and other non ford vehicles. If I am to pay to have somebody work on anything I own, I will pay to have the Best, and until I see somebody that is better then Jeff, AFP will continue to get my business no matter location, shop condition, etc. :nice:

Ron is a good guy, just trying to make his business grow. If you were in a simlar situation, you would probably try and do most things to gain customers. Talking with Ron in the past, he says he's doing good. Not my business to ask anymore then that.

Definatly a low ball. I will continue to not be doing business with FAST. Ive heard of a lot of negative things about the shop and do not want to deal with any of it. This really sets things in stone.

Since I have done business with both places I feel the need to respond. But first, let me give you an example:

McDonald's - Happy Meal
Burger King - Kid's Meal

Both are vying for the same customers. Are their adds, prices, naming, quality, similar? Absolutely... but you'd only know the quality of their product/service if you've actually done business with them.

Are you going to tell me that every place you do business has the most ethical marketing strategy? Paleeeeze. The name.net vs. name.com idea is pretty lame, but it still redirects you to Fast Specialties' website which should make you realize that you're looking in the wrong place when looking for All Ford.

If you want to take that approach, its more like pulling into the McDonalds drive through (which is a trap turb table), and then all of a sudden the road redirects you into the Burger King drive through. :D

Your case is more like brand A selling an AC delete kit, and brand B selling an AC eliminator kit. Both do the same thing, theyre just named differently. Nothing wrong with that.

And I do not see the AFP guys going as far as buying a FAST .net domain to potentially steal FAST's business. If the AFP guys had done something in the past to offend and steal customers, then I would see this coming.

The only way I could see FAST customers going to AFP would be because they were not treated right at FAST.

Steve, I saw your Saleen in Ridgefield today... I had to turn around and take another look. Damn that thing is beautiful!

...... I dont defend them, just think we on SN jump very quickly to bash them.

By no means is anyone acting on impulse! How many years has this been going on, that they are undercutting other business's? In SOOO many ways, shapes, and forms?? It's ridiculous. No one is questioning their workmanship or their abilities. But it's a matter of HOW you do business that people remember about you.

So, what's it gonna be? We all know of places around the COUNTRY with bad reps... Who's gonna be next?

To me that is a poor assessment as to how businesses should run and market. Let’s take Krazy Koncepts for example. Have they felt the need to do this? I think not. Have AFP and BO? NOPE. Can’t always use poor examples as a standard. That promotes complacency with sub standard service. Not my idea of how to conduct life and or business.

McDonald's - Happy Meal
Burger King - Kid's Meal

As a consumer I go with who treats me right; and so far, both companies have. As a result, I will continue to do business with both.

Don't sweat the small stuff people.

Later,

Logan

Mishhh,

I cant disagree with you, and perhaps it is a bit deceitful. I dont defend them, just think we on SN jump very quickly to bash them. I am true to AFP because too me, Jeff is the best mechanic I have ever seen. I would travel to have Jeff work on my cars, and in fact, sometimes I fustrate him cause I bring him Chevy and other non ford vehicles. If I am to pay to have somebody work on anything I own, I will pay to have the Best, and until I see somebody that is better then Jeff, AFP will continue to get my business no matter location, shop condition, etc. :nice:

Ron is a good guy, just trying to make his business grow. If you were in a simlar situation, you would probably try and do most things to gain customers. Talking with Ron in the past, he says he's doing good. Not my business to ask anymore then that.

Yeah I hear ya cmoney!! Im just butt hurt still over the covering up the afp on my car if I wanted to attend one of thier events. Ill be at the track tonight... only 400 miles on the clutch but Ill still go down tonight.. Erics actually out washing it right now..lol

It is a sad affair when I see such a desperate attempt of a business conducting themselves in such an unprofessional manor. Fast Specialties is such a said company. Let me explain:

From my understanding, All Ford Performance has a regionally, if not nationally reputable name. It is copyrighted and or trademarked. If you were to type in www.allfordperformance.com you would reach this fine companies web site.

HOWEVER If you were type the web site www.allfordperformance.net you will succumb to being a victim of Phishing. For those of you who are unaware you are being a victim of fraudulent activity, please see this said definition taken from dictionary.com

Phishing

A method of identity theft carried out through the creation of a website that seems to represent a legitimate company. The visitors to the site, thinking they are buying something from a real business, submit their personal information to the site. The criminals then use the personal information for their own purposes, or sell the information to other criminal parties.

This is an internet scandal, scam, and in my opinion the inverse of a class act.

When someone goes through the effort to not publicly humiliate you as well as REARRANGE dates of a meet out of respect for you, you go off and do something like THIS?????

WTF Fast Specialties???

I don't know if this actually classifies as phishing, but it does certainly seem a bit
hokey. Although it may be legal for Fast Spec. to do this, I think it is not the wisest of ethically sound business practices. A little mis-directing on their part (parden the pun). Just my .02 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.