Finally registered to post here....

RedHot35thGT

Jul 15, 2006
Hey :SNSign: Ive been lurking around here for quite a while and never got around to registering for some reason. Now with all these guys selling their stangs i figured we need to keep our numbers up so maybe I'll help...

Anyway my car is one of the 35th anniversary limited editions....i bought it last june for $9100. at that time it only had 61k on it and it was in GREAT shape. sold to me privately by a guy who was selling his car because he was engaged. his dad owned an auto shop and did all the work on it (he really does own an auto shop i thought he may have been lying at first). anyway he had been asking more money for it but when he handed me the keys at the end he said he sold it to me for less because he knew i would really take care of it. and he got all teary eyed and his voice was cracking and everything when we left...so needless to say he loved this car.

anyway im a HUGE mustang enthusiast and ive been working for years and years to afford this car payment. i wasnt really big on technical stuff with the car but just reading stuff here has helped.

the stang is lowered (not sure what brand), has a cai (believe its mac) and im pretty sure it has a short throw shifter too just by the shifts. anyway on to some pics (before anyone asks the wheels were from the previous owner too but theyve grown on me)

View attachment 455419

View attachment 455421

View attachment 455423

View attachment 455425

• Sponsors (?)

those are satin 99 Cobra wheels right? I personally think they look great on your car, I was considering picking up a set for my own until I looked at my bank account haha. Thats a nice looking car, take good care of her and welcome to :SNSign:

stangGT97 said:
those are satin 99 Cobra wheels right? I personally think they look great on your car, I was considering picking up a set for my own until I looked at my bank account haha. Thats a nice looking car, take good care of her and welcome to :SNSign:

yep, they came stock on the 99 cobras. like i said, i wasnt crazy about them at first but i really like them now. plus after buying the car i didnt have any extra money to drop on wheels. but ive been meaning to order some mustang center caps for the wheels since the current ones are say SVT and people always ask "oh is that an svt mustang?"

Now that your an offical member of stangnet you know your car has to represent. Chin spoiler, DD wheels, and it's already lowered so good job there.:D
But seriously nice car. I know what it's like to bust your a** just to have the car, but it makes it more special to you, ya know.

I was bored so I made tried to get the color for your avatar to match better ... Welcome to :SNSign:

Anyway, if you want to use this one, feel free to:

snsignresue5.gif

Attachments

• snsignresue5.gif
    snsignresue5.gif
    7 KB · Views: 93
Welcome to the community. :cheers: When I had bought my daughter a used pony for her graduation, the lady I bought the car from cried when I took her mustang away. We get attached to them... I know it's weird but I see my car in the garage like I would see a horse in a corral.

Very, very nice car man. I love the 35th ann. cars.

Sounds like you got it from someone who really took care of it.

Oh, and keep the Cobra wheels, they look good... and I think the period of everyone using that style Cobra wheel is over now, lol.

WELCOME!! I like the wheels.. the only way i would change them is if ya get some curb rash (like me :() or for wider rears. I know how it is to work hard for you stang also.. I am 30 and had to work my way up in the salary range the harfd way to afford my car.. now im going all out.

thanks everyone...

yeah the wheels are starting to wear a little...not too much so theyve another year or two at least left...

gdawg-i feel the same way. in a way i was kinda sad pulling away when i first got the car which surprised me...it was a moment i had been working at for a long time but i just felt bad cuz i knew how much the guy i bought it from loved it. anyway its as in just as good condition now as it was over a year ago.

ive already promised myself that no matter what happens im never selling this car. i worked way too hard for it...and unlike some people here who talk about being bored with their stangs i love it just as much (if not more) now than i did when i bought it.