First time at the dragstrip

Lynx331

Jan 5, 2004
Chicago IL
Well on saturday i might be taking my mustang to the strip. My uncles buddies are renting it out, and i could run all day from 8 to 4. So im considering going, even tho ill post up some pretty tall times, i just want to go just for the thrill of it. Anything i should kno? Ive never raced on the strip before, so im alittle nervous. Anything i could try? I sure hope that i don't break anything.... Any suggestions, tips, pointers? My car is a auto.

• Sponsors (?)

Just go out and have fun...have you ever launched your car really hard on the street? Just do the same at the track and have fun. I doubt you'll break anything, then again I don't know you but the car should be up to the challenge.

i think you spelled something wrong in your link cus it don't work... the only thing you can really do with an auto is to time the green light and just mash the gas... good luck :nice:

just enjoy it and no matter what your first time just about alwasy sucks lol if you can get a 2.2-2.3 60ft then you done good, if manual 2.2 at least. every .1 you shave off your 60ft is .2 tenths in the quarter/8th mile so you can kinda go by that some what to see what you could have ran if you had had a good 60ft. reaction time means NOTHING except making the guy with the better reaction time look like he is going faster than he really is compared to the other guy, its only used in bracket racing so dont worry about that when you see the first yellow just try to take off good with just a little chrip from the tires.

yea it was great!! My best time was 17.159. I wanted to take out my sub box to get the 16 but it was to much work. The best part was i beat a trans am in 60ft and lost by .1 in the 330 ft. He was kinda pissed. He also had a 1.4 sec light and i had a .54.