For those of you on the fence about getting a blower

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i would hope that the Mongoose kit would hit good numbers with my exhaust setup plus some LT headers, Plenum and TB, and a power/Boost Pipe. Would you guys say 385-390rwhp is do-able with those parts on top of the Mongoose kit?

myponyrocks said:
nitrous ends up being more than a blower in the long run. You should still run guages with N20 and you still need a tune... and you have to refill the bottle. Its a good short term investment for power, but it is the most costly of all 3 options in the long term.

Actually a while back someone wrote up a list between the blower and nitrous and the nitrous was still cost effective even after years of use....in my opinion if I am going to drop a lot of cash down for a built motor I will add the juice and still make big power numbers ( especially TQ ) and save a lot of money....really if you did it right with a blower the motor would have to built plus the 4-5k blower kit....puts you at almost 10k and sometimes even more.
If you have plenty of money to spend on a car unlike me then I would go ahead and get the blower but being on a tight spending budget like a lot of people nitrous seems really appealing to me.

2001sleeper said:
do not go to houstonperformance, i can write a novel on my personal experiences as well as others.

if you want a good shop in the pasadena/south houston area feel free to pm me.
What shop would you recommend? And can you please explain your problems with Houston Performance so the rest of us know why we should avoid them? Thanks for your input

exindust said:
awesome write up man... at least now people have a number in their face to compare the two....

add those pesky labor charges for those NA parts for those of use who cant install them and that 4k shoots up BIGTIME plus keep into consideration most NA guys will do some sort of gear swap as well... + $180 + Install...

Its pretty apparent who the winner is here.

so are you getting blown soon to keep up then?