fox 5.0 in a tbird?

Base92

Oct 28, 2011
East Los Angeles
ok so i have a 86 thunderbird 3.8L with a 232 and wanted to get a more power at first i was thinking to go for a 2.3L turbo but i think i'd rather go with the 5.0 :) i was wondering what year of mustang i can snatch a 5.0 out of and if it would bolt in or if i would have to modify it? also saw a thunderbird with a 5.0 cobra! was wondering how the hell i could put one of those babys in my lil thunderchicken thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

The engine mounts up in the same spot-the t-birds came with 5.0s too...just not the HO versions. So, yes, just hijack one out of either a 5.0 t-bird, or a Mustang. Any Fox year 302 will be fine, but you may have to do a little bit of work adapting the ECU wiring harness into your bird-the connectors are the same, but I think there are a couple of swapped wires...that is, if you plan on going EFI...

Probably would be if one was to be found that he likes...lots of options. I haven't looked, but I know I haven't seen 5.0 t-birds driving around much for several years...

edit: just looked on eBay for S&Gs...didn't find much-I think I saw 3 5.0 t-birds varied between 2500-4000...couple of SCs too-wouldn't mind having one of those.