Front Swaybar

• Sponsors (?)

This is true. It allows the front suspension to fully extend during launch, transferring weight more quickly to the rear of the car.. It also knocks 25lbs or so off of the front end. You really need good traction to fully realize the benefit though.

The down side is that it seriously hampers high speed handling, so be mindful of that if you find yourself coming hot into a corner.

A compromise I have heard is to use the longest practical end links, rubber bushings, and even a 4cyl. sway bar. For turning at the end of the quarter mile with no sway bar and even street lane changes you need a sway bar or easy clean vinyl seat covers.

This is true. It allows the front suspension to fully extend during launch, transferring weight more quickly to the rear of the car.. It also knocks 25lbs or so off of the front end. You really need good traction to fully realize the benefit though.

The down side is that it seriously hampers high speed handling, so be mindful of that if you find yourself coming hot into a corner.
A compromise I have heard is to use the longest practical end links, rubber bushings, and even a 4cyl. sway bar. For turning at the end of the quarter mile with no sway bar and even street lane changes you need a sway bar or easy clean vinyl seat covers.

these are both correct. if you decide to go drag racing, use the smallest factory sway bar on the front that is available. another option would be to disconnect one side, remember to reconnect it for the drive home. if you are using rubber bushings that will allow the front end to rise quickly, but still allow for some stability at higher speeds.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm all about swaybars for handling. I have some nice Eibach swaybars in my daily driver...

But for a street strip car, I never use the front swaybar. It's completely unnecessary. And a fox can actually corner just fine without the front bar if you have decent sized front tires. (my last one like this used 205/50-17 front tires on Pony Rs)

I'm all about swaybars for handling. I have some nice Eibach swaybars in my daily driver...

But for a street strip car, I never use the front swaybar. It's completely unnecessary. And a fox can actually corner just fine without the front bar if you have decent sized front tires. (my last one like this used 205/50-17 front tires on Pony Rs)

Just learn to sing "lean on me" when you use the off ramp. :)

I think Addco was the first to have a quick disconnect, and advertised one you can use from inside the vehicle.

Using longer end links is supposed to not only allow more suspension drop, but is supposed to preload the suspension to push up a bit.