Garage Paint Ideas

• Sponsors (?)

I've painted two garages so far and both have had white walls with a large GT stripe around the top of the walls about 8 inches down from the ceiling. I scaled it off from my car and multiplied the dimensions by 8. It's turned out great and I plan to do it to my new garage in the next year or so.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the garage at work!

Kolk.sized.jpg

Paint? Wow that's fancy. I insulated and sheetrocked a 40 year old garage this summer. That took so long I don't think I'm even gonna bother taping it... Maybe next summer.

Although those GT stripes do look nice....

A bought a new housea couple of years ago. It has a 2 car garage and a single car garage. Of course the wife gets the 2 car garage because it has a door that leads into the house so it makes it easier to carry in the groceries ect. But my single garage doesn't have a door to the house so when my car is tore down and parts are everywhere I close the door and it stays that way. But if grease gets tracked into the house I am the only one that gets in trouble. I have done 2 total restorations now and it is time to get rid of the white walls. I did paint the floor with epoxy paint so that saved the concrete. I do like the idea of the GT stripe. I was considering painting a checkered flag border near the top of the walls or putting tile on the floor in a checkered pattern. Might look good in my head but not sure what it would really look like after it was actually finished. Since it is a single garage I have to keep everything pretty much neat.

I am not a fan of sheetrock in a garage. It's too fragile and looks like crap if you ding it. I am also not a fan of bright colors since they show everyting. Mine has lightly stained plywood, and I love it. You can pound a nail anywhere, and bonk it with a jack handle without making a big ol gack mark.

Since the walls are a little darker than white, you need a little extra lighting, of course.