Good shop in Dallas or Waco

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
It will be a little while before I can afford to do it but anybody know a good Mustang shop in Dallas or Waco that could replace my hydraulic valve lash adjusters. It doesnt look like I can do it myself cause I dont wana remove the cams. Also anybody know where I can buy some lash adjusters? I searched at the usual autoparts chains and at MMR, 5.0 Resto, Brothers and Texas Mustangs but still havent found them.

• Sponsors (?)

Nevermind, I guess I can do it myself. Prolly save $800.

Well after doing exhaustive searches and talking to you guys I finnaly found the problem. I always thought the 03/04 tick was the same for all 4-v heads and could not figure out why if my heads were new they still did it. Turns out I have several bad hydraulic valve lash guides going out. A mechanic told me to use a large screwdriver and put it against various areas of the engine to localize where the sound is comming from. When I put the tip on the two bolts next to the spark plug wire covers on the valve cover the knock is so loud it hurts my ears, also the second to last bolt on the drives side valve cover. I wondered why if it was bad valve guides (not the lash guides) the sound went away after 1800 rpm and after the engine was nice and warm. It was still there at any rpm when cold (well to 4k, I never push it past that till at operating temp) so I figure since its several I will replace them all. After seeing a few pics and posts it is not all that hard I just have to buy the ford tool ($109), 32 valve lash adjusters ($17.90 each), and a valve cover gasket kit ($67). I guess its cheeper than new heads. I am an old pushrod guy and always said the sound was the same as a dying lifter. I will try a quick fix next oil change, run a quart of ATF in it for 5-10 min then fill it with synthetic blend 5w30 and some Lucas oil additive, mabey it will get unstuck :shrug:

Since it will be awhile before I could afford it will sticking hydraulic valve lash guides hurt the motor?

Oh yeah, I heard of gearheads. My dad wants to buy a Termi and there is a dealership up the road that says they send all their Cobras there before they put them on the lot.