got another stang

• Sponsors (?)

rotfl

lately, the trend is total your GT for a built one or a terminator.

Seriously, $11K for a built stang is a hell of a deal. I feel sorry for the previous owner, though..

Congrats on your new ride. Drive responsibly, and try not to street race in the rain! :)

Dude I seen that car before on another forum. Looks alot different now that he had it for sale. Check out these pics. This is that car and what it looked like before.

http://www.mustangforums.com/albumphoto.asp?albumid=192&asortType=1&apage=1

:puke:

thank God he changed it. The car looks a LOT better now.

I think your car is a different story. You have built it and have driven it as it progressed.

He first wrecked his car making a turn in the rain with stock HP. He totaled his car because a friend rear ended him... I don't think he is running with a very Mature group... and that can be a recepie for disaster.

Like I said earlier, if I had over 200 hp in my teens I would not be here today. I did not run with the most Mature croud and my 88hp VW Got us all in enough trouble.

I totaly know what you mean. I crawled then walked then ran hes just going from crawling to running. LOL Its all about respect for the car and the speed if he doesn't have respect for it there is no doubt in mind he will wreck it with in a year. I had the exact same setup he has now and I could break the tires loose at 55-60mph and this was in an auto. He will either hurt him self or someone else with the car or gain experience very quick with it.

To the OP I don't know what tires are on it but I would look into some DRs if there isn't some already on it.

you must be really spoiled or young and personally rich

nice car though

Not gonna lie, I’m “privileged” but I do have quite a bit of my own money. I've been working full time since I can remember so I've saved up quite a bit. The Shelby I share with my dad (I paid nothing though I just have to take care of it), the Lightning I bought, the Lincoln I "contributed" to, and my GT is 50/50. The good news is I haven't blown all my money on cars; I have about $6k in an IRA already. My friends laugh at me but I figured why not plus I got $3k sitting in the bank for whatever.

I don’t like to use the word spoiled because when I think of that word I think of people that get what ever they want and don’t appreciate it. I, on the other hand, am thankful for everything I have and it shows by how I take care of my things (not only cars). I keep all my things immaculate and make sure they stay that way!

Thanks though!

Quote from ad:
It's got blow by out the exhaust as well due to the supercharger piping running into the drivers side valve cover. Common on SC'd car's. Usually seen during startup.

:bs:

What it should have said was "This Mustang has been rodeod at every light so the shortblock needs minor rebuilding."

I love how everyone thinks supercharging cars is just a walk in the park. Don't kid yourself, maintaining a blower car is a pain in the ass, there is always something. You can't just beat the hell out of the car and think it will take it forever. When you are forcing massive amounts of air through a motor things are gonna break, wearout, slip, yada yada. I don't think you know what you've gotten yourself into. Congrats though, good deal if it isn't destroyed. In any case i hope you have mechanical skills because no shop will ever be able to help you with the car unless it is a true speed shop and you will pay out the ass. learn from us that have done it, there are days you want to drive your car off a cliff when you can't figure out whats wrong. Sorry, mini-rant over :D , not trying to be negative, just letting you know you will have work involved in that car, you can't just get in and drive. Especially don't just get in and floor it, let it warm up and oil the motor first, that's the biggest mistake I have seen most people make. You will wear the motor out so fast. I hope everything is in good shape for you. That is a smokin deal though.

I love how everyone thinks supercharging cars is just a walk in the park. Don't kid yourself, maintaining a blower car is a pain in the ass, there is always something. You can't just beat the hell out of the car and think it will take it forever. When you are forcing massive amounts of air through a motor things are gonna break, wearout, slip, yada yada. I don't think you know what you've gotten yourself into. Congrats though, good deal if it isn't destroyed. In any case i hope you have mechanical skills because no shop will ever be able to help you with the car unless it is a true speed shop and you will pay out the ass. learn from us that have done it, there are days you want to drive your car off a cliff when you can't figure out whats wrong. Sorry, mini-rant over :D , not trying to be negative, just letting you know you will have work involved in that car, you can't just get in and drive. Especially don't just get in and floor it, let it warm up and oil the motor first, that's the biggest mistake I have seen most people make. You will wear the motor out so fast. I hope everything is in good shape for you. That is a smokin deal though.

+100000

I've spent alot of money on fixing things that have went bad do to the added power, I just don't talk about it alot because its a sore subject.

Also with the forged internals the main reason why you need to let the car warm up is because the pistons are some what loose and don't expand untill heated up. that could be the blow by he sees to, if he beats on the car when its still cold.

I hope its as good as it sounds. If so it an amazing deal. I'd be a bit nervous though... thats a very good price for a S/C and built car. Good luck! It looks awesome!

Blow by through the exhaust is not good, that means the piston rings could be bad. Now having a little oil in your boost pipe isn't bad but having it out your exhaust means trouble.

Nice car, great mods:nice: I hope he is talking about the oil going into the intake via the PCV valve and not real blowby, that would meen bad piston rings:notnice:

Das wat I said las year:rolleyes:

OP: Did you get it yet?