Got my cams and tune. How'd I do?

Tripoli

Mar 30, 2005
Dallas, TX
Just installed my VT Stage 2 N/A cams, Manley springs, and the Accufab 75mm TB & plenum. Before all that my numbers were 257 RWHP and 295 torque. After my dyno tune today at Dallas Mustang she put down 289 RWHP and 313 torque (gains of 32 RWHP and 18 torque). Of course, that's not all I've got done to her. Check out my garage for all the details.

She's rattles quite a bit now at idle, but all seems well. I'm still a little unnerved about how noisy the valve train is now, but I'm told is normal for a cam like this. The noises all smooth out if I give it a little throttle. These cams definitely put the power where I need it. Torque is peaking at about 4,200 RPM and HP at around 5,500 RPM. I can't normally feel SOTP at higher RPM, but I sure can feel this. :nice:

Looking forward to hitting the 1/4 mile in Ennis soon. I would very much like to beat my recent record of 13.228 @ 104.4. Shooting for my first 12-second run. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Nice numbers. Don't worry about the sounds. My car has had a slight tick since the cams went in as well, but I was told it was no big deal and I have had no problems with it. With good driving, you should be able to dip into the 12's.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!! And heck yea you can feel the difference :D Cams add a nice kick in the pants....definatly worth it IMO. Again congrats and enjoy the power and the ability to waste the tires clear through 2nd gear :D