GT Won't Start, I Need Some Help Please..

TheSalad

Aug 3, 2003
Utah
I was going to meet some friends tonight. The total distance in which this stuff happened was less than two miles. When I left, I had the car idling for a minute or so before I left, and the car's RPMs dropped but then came back up. Once I left, I was going down a hill, and looked down and noticed that the engine had stopped. I restarted it and continued on my way. Just after that I was at a stop light, and the car had the same idling issues. I had to give it a little gas to keep it going.
I made it to my destination, but when I went to leave, the car wouldn't start. It cranks and cranks, but it doesn't pick up and go. Sometimes it will start but then dies soon after. It doesn't go for longer than a second.

I took of the negative terminal on the battery for a while, took off the IAC and cleaned it, and checked for tightness on my packs and plugs. I also checked the inertia switch and all fuses in the front distribution box and under the driver's side dash. All looked good.

After all of this I tried to start it up and same thing. On one try I got it to run choppy for about 20 seconds, but not long enough to think about getting it moving. Also, every time I move the key to the on position, I hear that humm or buzz which I think is the fuel pump.

The car is stuck somewhere I don't want it, and I am not sure what route to take. I am not 100% sure on the status of the fuel filter, I bet it needs to be replaced.

Can anyone help my stranded car?

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought it back a month or so ago and haven't gotten to it yet.

If it wasn't changed during the three years I didn't own it, then it has been 40k miles or so. Maybe more, less than 60k for sure.

Regardless of your current woes, I'd change the fuel filter anyway. It's a good place to start. The last car I owned (98 Lexus) had many of the same problems you just mentioned. I took it in and it turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. Seeing as they only cost about $14....I'd start there.

So,

We went this morning to go do the fuel filter in the parking lot where I left it, but of course, we had to try and start it one last time. It started right up, with the CEL going, and still running a little choppy. I got it out of the lot, and starting home, keeping the engine at 2k RPMs when stopped because it seemed like it was going to stop running. I got it home, and in the garage I let it idle, and it held idle pretty well, ie. it didn't stall.

I got the fuel filter in hand and will be doing that once I get some sleep.

The CEL code was P0103 - P0103 Mass Air Flow circuit High Input.

During the ordeal last night it gave a P0430, but I have been having issues with my O2 sensors even though I have MIL Eliminators.

Any ideas?

I changed the fuel filter and it seems to be doing better. It idles fine.

Basically every time I start it up it gives me the P0103 code.

I searched this code and the only thing I found was a thread I had started 3 years ago. I think I need to ditch this Super AFC tuner I have been using and get something else.