had a little fun playing with a 99+GT today

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
I was out for a drive in the morning and I look in the rearview and see a newer ( I would guess around 2002) black GT a fair distance away (20 car lenghts or so) So I sped up and then let off and he caught up and passed me ( I let him) so I gave him the thumbs up as they were going by and they waved. I seen it looked like he wanted to play a little so I got right on his bumper and he sped up and I stayed there with him. Then I let off and he was about 15 cars ahead so I pulled right up to him.....well we got going about 150Km/h and I would back off and pull up to him and back off and pull up and so on and so on. Well we got going a bit faster and I could pull on him and then he'd pull away and I would give it a little more and catch right up. It was nice to play with a car like that and show them us 5.0's can still hang with them. I was going to pass him and I think I could have but we were already doing a good clip (140-170) at times.

If that was you in that car :nice: That was alot of fun...but you kept going really fast and I knew there was a police station comming up:nono:

• Sponsors (?)

Roland69 said:
I would love to run into a Terminator just to see it kick my ass<-------- Just to say I tried lol

I got the chance to drive a 465 rwHP '03 Cobra this weekend. I took it on the highway and the acceleration from 45-100+MPH is just unreal! I never knew car's could be made so fast with VERY minimal mods.

Lol he offered it up for sale to me. I gotta think about it because i would have to sell my '03 GT first which is basically paid off. Unsure if i really want to have a payment again :(

the power is too easy to make, so the cars never seem fast after about a week. one thing ive noticed, you just have to draw the line somewhere.

465 is a good stopping point. what mods did he have? 2.76 and bolt-ons?

281pony said:
the power is too easy to make, so the cars never seem fast after about a week. one thing ive noticed, you just have to draw the line somewhere.

465 is a good stopping point. what mods did he have? 2.76 and bolt-ons?

yup, 2.76, larger intercooler , SCT tune, intake exhaust the typical stuff. sorry i don't know the exact specifics

It's Sonic blue lowered on H&R SS springs with the chrome cobra wheels

He had it dyno tuned that day. 456HP/500TQ at the rear wheels

Mustang5L5 said:
I got the chance to drive a 465 rwHP '03 Cobra this weekend. I took it on the highway and the acceleration from 45-100+MPH is just unreal! I never knew car's could be made so fast with VERY minimal mods.

im jealous :drool: ..but next weekend i get a ride in a 564rwhp ls1 camaro ss...yeah its a chevy :( , but it will be one hell of a ride! I doubt ill get to drive it though haha, but the owners a cop so he can drive however he wants and he doesnt get in trouble...not sayin its right lol but it will be fun :flag:

I got to pull my fathers 700hp 900lbsTQ 510cubic inch drag car out of the garage once :shrug: even though i was rolling at a whopping 3 mph... just knowing tapping the gas would send the wheels in the air made me smile. :rolleyes:

that was like 5 years ago though, its less impressive today than it was then.

281pony said:
500 tq is high for those mods. does it have a lower pulley as well?

Unsure. I sent him a message asking him for his mod list and a copy of the dyno sheet.

I did see the sheet in person. He tuned it the morning before i took it for a ride 465/500

dont ever back down from anything...atleast i dont....I learned that after i pulled on a Suby STI with my little 2.3T on the highway. but the terminators are awesome...im still mad at ford for only making them for 2 years....