Has anyone ran or currently using these?

I had nittos on the car before I put the gears in and ever since I put the gears in I have a hard time launching without spinning them. The nittos had about 17,000 miles on them though when I did the gear swap. I'm just wondering if I buy the nittos if they will hook up better because they are new or will they still spin like crazy.

What wheels are you running? 8 inch or 9 inch? (From the picture in your sig, it looks like stock 8 inch Bullitt wheels, and that's what I'm going to assume for this post).

I don't think you are going to get a tire that will hook as well AND last as long as the Nittos. You definitely aren't going to do it for any cheaper.

About hooking. You have a 3.38:1 1st gear, and 3.73 rear gears. Combine those two, and you are multiplying your engine torque by 12.6 times! So if you think about it, you are putting down WELL over 3000 ft-lbs of torque on the wheels. You are going to be VERY hard pressed to find a street tire that will hook that, especially with just a 245 width tire. If you want it to hook, you are going to have to get a drag radial.

And don't underestimate the importance of the tire width. I'm making around 3000 ft-lbs of torque on the wheels in 1st gear as well. When I had 255 Nittos, I could spin them all day if I broke them loose at all. Now, I have 275s, and I can start from a stop with them lit up, and they will hook before I reach 20 mph. No comparison. That extra 1 inch (on 9 inch wheels) made a VERY significant difference.

I honestly think that the Nittos are your best bet, as well as one of the cheapest options. I mean, if you use the Stangnet discount, you can get 4 245/45-17 Nitto NT555s for just over $500 shipped to your door from American Muscle. Check your local tire shops as well. I got my 4 275/40-17 NT555s for just over $600, and that included mounting and balancing. $500-$600 for a performance tire that lasts 40,000 miles when taken care of is a steal.

And DEFINITELY get an alignment afterwards (if you haven't gotten one recently). Not having an alignment killed my 1st set of tires.

• Sponsors (?)

By completely worn out, do you mean at 2/32", completely smooth, belts showing, etc?

I wasn't clear there. My front end was completely worn out. Both ball joints were shot; both tie rod ends were shot (I could wiggle the tire left-to-right nearly half an inch); struts were worn out, etc.

As for the tires, they were worn to a point where it would get a little squirrley in the rain. The right side was worn much more than the left; the right was all the way down to the wear strips, maybe a little more. The left side still had just a little before the wear strips.

I honestly think that if they are really taken care of, and have a proper alignment, they will last over 40,000 easily. I've got over 6,000 on my newest set, and they haven't been abused at all. So I guess I'll see this go around.

Thanks Sneaky I really appreciate the write up you did! I do believe I have the stock 17x8 in rims on my car all around. I was looking on AM and I am going to try to get some Deep dish Bullitts so I can mount some Nitto 305s tires on them to hook up better and to get that staggered look I want so badly. But I have to pay my car off first which will be relatively soon so after that is when I will get new tires and the rims.

Thanks again guys for helping me decide on the Nittos!:nice: