Heading to track. #3

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
Going back to the track in about hour to at least outrun cro's best time 9.5. :nonono:

I put good gas in it this time, diconnected the knock sensor, checked cam timing, ignition timing stock @ 10*, boost at 18 PSI.
This time out I'm going to try to get the car to pull all the way down the track instead of have of the 1/8th.
Best 60 ft: 2.088
Best 1/8th:9.68
Best MPH :used to be about 72-75. Lately its been high 60's.
I'm shooting for all new best times tonight.(as always)

notched86: if you guys get this and have time head to sumerduck we'll be there around 5.

• Sponsors (?)

best wishes, may you have great traction, etc. etc.

I'm still beating you too btw, 9.63. Upgrades sitting on the workbench, so you better beat me smartly.

-that's the svo, no slips yet for the LX.

I typed a long post and my computer locked up i'm too tired to type it again.

here's the top three runs.

RT: .663
60ft: 2.044
330: 6.000
1/8: 9.434
MPH: 71.5

RT: .435
60ft: 2.007
330: 6.036
1/8: 9.537
MPH: 69.94

RT: .583
60ft: 2.121
330: 6.153
1/8: 9.622
MPH: 71.10

thanks its still has more in it.

Right now the engine is 100% stock long block, cam and intakes, TC intercooler, all stock parts. Stock timing, 18 PSI.
Only mods are pullies, exhaust, boost valve, and AFPR, I was searching why the MPH was still slow. At 9.4 I would expect 75-76. I didn't have a fuel pressure tester with me ( I took everything else though)
I drove it 3 identyical 9.7 runs. all with 2.1 60fts and none over 70 MPH. Since I didn't have a gauge so I started making a 1/2 turn to add fuel for each run and I dropped a tenth each time. I got to make about 10 passes again tonight and I would run it twice after each adjustment. I ran out of time to see how long that would continue to drop time. With each increment it run would exactly the same until I changed it again, so I'm at least doing my job.

My AF gauge got stupid. When I started adding fuel, it would read across 5-6 lights. Not telling me much so I'll check on that tonight.

I was leaving at about 4500 with about 8-9psi.

On the 9.5 and 9.4 runs I was racing a friend that I work with in a 75 Chevy laguna w/ a mildly built 350 and a 150hp shot. He's got a big ego and the first time I ran him I beat him .6953. which was 1.5 cars. The second run he took off a little better and he beat me .0105. Eventually he went 8.6 but not before everyone in Luray saw me pull him 3-4 cars off the line. :rlaugh:

I'm on lunch now I only worked about 3 hours an dI've already had 2people ask me about it. :flag:

AXIStang said:
im glad u owned a chevy in your 4cyl lol. he had nitrous and only ran a 8.6? sure it isn't a 305?

I know everything down to his cam card. :D I followed his "build-up" for a while now.
All motor I pulled 3 cars on him in my lightning. :D Its funny he ordered his kit the next day. I offered to run him when he got it hooked up, but I think he knows I have everything to spray it too. :p

When I ran him he said his bottle was running out he went 9.946 and said he let off. My buddy jason that was riding with him said he didn't. Mostly his driving. He is at least 450hp on spray and had a 2.2 60ft :D He was catching me quick though.

Stinger said:
Why can't you get below 2.0 with slicks? You should be in the 1.7-1.8 range. What rpm are you leaving at?

My black coupe on slicks ran a 1.83 pulled the driver's wheel and went 7.88 at 89 and a friend's mild 302 w/ 125shot had a 1.78 and ran 7.73 at 91.

I don't see that being possible with the current combo. lol give me time.

I would try:

15 degrees of timing
unplug the knock sensor
Bag O' ice on the IC
dyno that thing and get the fuel pressure good under full boost.

from what I saw of the time slip, that is like a mid 14 to 15 second run.

I think she's got more in her.

Mike

Mike SVOR said:
I would try:

15 degrees of timing
unplug the knock sensor
Bag O' ice on the IC
dyno that thing and get the fuel pressure good under full boost.

from what I saw of the time slip, that is like a mid 14 to 15 second run.

I think she's got more in her.

Mike
Yeah I had 26x10.5x15
KS unplugged
I had the ice on the intercooler and the intake
I drove it about 2 hours ago and the fuel pressure when I ran it was 42psi vacuum unhooked and hooked up it went up to 60 psi but I couldn't watch all the gauges so I don't know how much boost that was.

If I turn the timing up that far can I still run 93 octane and will I need to turn the boost down?