Hellion 62mm kit

JymboSlice

Dec 9, 2008
Hey, how much power do you think a 62mm turbo make on a 2v? im looking for about 600 with around 15-18 psi for the street, will the 62mm be enough for me to meet my goal? or would i need to upgrade to the 66 or 76mm turbo? the 62mm turbo wouldnt be a ball bearing one either.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if it directly translates but I would assume it is similar since your trickflow heads should put you in the same neighborhood as a 3v... the 05-09 GT 62mm kit states it supports up to 650rwhp. So it seems you would be approaching the max for that kit with your goals but with the advantage of a little quicker spool up from the smaller turbo. :) I'd say go for it. :flag:

Hey, how much power do you think a 62mm turbo make on a 2v? im looking for about 600 with around 15-18 psi for the street, will the 62mm be enough for me to meet my goal? or would i need to upgrade to the 66 or 76mm turbo? the 62mm turbo wouldnt be a ball bearing one either.

I know my brother and I have made 500+ on stock engine with a 62mm @15lbs+ and a custom kit my brother made with a built engine made 700+ close to 18lbs.

I'll be using a tko 600 transmission. and yeah, i've heard the trick flow 2v heads outflow the 3v heads. So if the 3v will make 650 rwhp I hope ill make 600 with the 62mm. I wish i could make my own kit like Tank did, but ive had too much trouble and head aches with my car already i just want a good quality kit that will preform well right out of the box