Help 1990 Foxbody ac/ wot relay

• Thread starter Deleted member 243794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 243794

A/c wot relay under passage front fender well the relay keeps going bad. What would cause this and how to fix. Can you bypass a/c wot relay? 1990 foxbody

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

From the wiring diagram it looks like you can just not put a relay in the socket. I would tape or cover the socket as the red wire is hot whenever the engine is running.

Yes, unplug it. It is only needed to disengage the A/C clutch. Since you don't have an A/C clutch anymore, it doesn't matter.

What does it do to your car when the relay goes bad? It shouldn't do a thing.

Reactions: 1 user
From the wiring diagram it looks like you can just not put a relay in the socket. I would tape or cover the socket as the red wire is hot whenever the engine is running.
Thank you, just went and did that and it worked!!

What was it doing to your car when the relay failed? I ask because you may have other issues.
The car did start just fine, but waited 20 mins went back out and no power to fuel pump? I changed the fuel pump, ck the fuses and changed fuel pump relay. Do you have any thoughts what could be causing this