help - dome light won't go off

I tried everything, and I finally pulled the bulb so I don't drain the battery while I am here at work. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any ideas? I hate to take it in to the dealer just for this, but that may be my only option.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

try2catchmy99 said:
You most likley tried this but did you accidently turn on the dome light with the headlight knob. You turn it off and on by twisting it.
When did it start not going off?

This morning I was driving to work and noticed that it was on. I always turn on my lights because I go through construction zones (here it's state law).

I will go try that and let you know. Thanks for the tip, I had no idea!

try2catchmy99 said:
You most likley tried this but did you accidently turn on the dome light with the headlight knob. You turn it off and on by twisting it.
When did it start not going off?

Problem solved. I didn't know this even after all that fiddling to switch to an MGW billet headlight knob. I am not sure how I managed to twist the knob when I turned on my lights (I mean, you really have to think about it to twist it) but I somehow must have. Here I thought that twisting the knob was only for the panel light rheostat. The things you learn about your car every day.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip. I probably deserve to be banned from the tech forum (I do turn wrenches, honest!)

I have the same problem! I've checked everything and can't find the problem. The light will stay on for a few days then work normal for a week or two and then the cycle starts over!
Good luck let me know if you find anything wrong.

If it's not the light switch, you could have a bad door ajar switch. It happen to my 99GT. I don't know what goes wrong, but the car doesn't think the driver door is ever closed. Try something. Close the door and get out of the car. Use your clicker to lock the doors, and then hit lock again. If the car beeps once, then it's fine. If it beeps twice, and all the doors are securly shut, then it's a bad door ajar switch. When you hit the button twice on mustangs, as well as most fords, and the car beeps twice, it's telling you a door is still open.

GT_2001 said:
I have the same problem! I've checked everything and can't find the problem. The light will stay on for a few days then work normal for a week or two and then the cycle starts over!
Good luck let me know if you find anything wrong.

Take some "Electrician In A Can" or any electrical contact cleaning spray and spray it in your door latch really well. Should take care of it unless the door switch has gone south............