Help me identify this Mustang

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Yesterday morning I saw a Mustang that I had not been aware even existed. It was the newest body style, red, and said "427" and "Cobra" on it. Could only see it for a minute before they turned.

Anyone have a linky to this car? Is it just a kit or an SVT?
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The 427 Is a package deal by Shelby (over priced) I got an email from Shelby and if you get the kit you get tickets to a couple races and there is only like 500 of these cars beign made.

Its the same motor just with a blower uprgrade, a few badges, brakes, and rims. IIRC

i think its just the same engine as in a normal gt500, a 5.4, but with a bigger blower :shrug: 427 is just the package deal isn't it? like certain decals and trim, but nothing having to do with the engine, i THINK lol

Actually it has a 3 valve 4.6 and the 427 the first year it was made indicated the amount of hp, its now up to 435 hp and 400 torque.

I saw one at a local dealer when I bought my SUV. They only wanted around $35K for it and it was a convertible. Right next to it was a GT500KR. :drool:

Basically Roush decided to keep the 427 number as a model designation as they attempt to replicate the Porsche 911(not the car itself but its widely known name) but with a Mustang.

Here's a picture of the 427 and the GT500KR I took with my phone.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTIuanBn.jpg

GT500KR

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTAuanBn.jpg

Actually it has a 3 valve 4.6 and the 427 the first year it was made indicated the amount of hp, its now up to 435 hp and 400 torque.

I saw one at a local dealer when I bought my SUV. They only wanted around $35K for it and it was a convertible. Right next to it was a GT500KR. :drool:

Basically Roush decided to keep the 427 number as a model designation as they attempt to replicate the Porsche 911(not the car itself but its widely known name) but with a Mustang.

sick cars :drool:

i was talking about the Shelby 427 though, not the Roush, the one i put up in the ebay link and the one 04YELLOWGT is talking about. :cheers: