HELP with auto n HEADERS

JTAM963

Sep 5, 2004
I've been asking on here which LT headers are compatible with an AUTO transmission but haven't gotten much help. I want to upgrade to new hpipe and lts but need to know which brands are able to fit my auto...I was getting a deal on a bbk shorty hpipe for 120 shipped so if bbk fits id buy the long tubes n try self install..any help please guys..:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

JTAM963 said:
I've been asking on here which LT headers are compatible with an AUTO transmission but haven't gotten much help. I want to upgrade to new hpipe and lts but need to know which brands are able to fit my auto...I was getting a deal on a bbk shorty hpipe for 120 shipped so if bbk fits id buy the long tubes n try self install..any help please guys..:SNSign:
Stay away from shorties, bbk lt's, kooks, jba mids, slp lt's will all fit your trans without any modification needed. All will prbably give you 25+ flywheel hspwr, but remember, if you lower your car more than 1.5", you will have clearence issues over speed bumps, steep driveways...

I've had my Hooker LTs and O/R X on for 3 or so years with almost no problems.

No contact with the steering shaft as others have had with different brands, and no removal when you need tranny work done.

Only problem was a slight leak by the slip fit connection which was an easy fix.

To my knowledge, BBK's will not fit. I've never read/seen anyone with them.

MACs will fit, but used to have oil problems and quality control problems. I'm not sure about now though.

Haven't read much about SLP's, so you have to research that on your own.

Kooks will fit, and are the best you can get but they certainly cost the "best" too.