Progress Thread Help With My 2002 Ford Mustang

Tony9511

May 8, 2016
Can I have some help with my mustang. I barely bought it off my uncle and I need to know what to fix because it has a rattling sound on the bottom of the driver seat and other small noises in the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

What kinda sounds coming from the engine do you hear? And by under the seat i assume you your talking about under the car could be the catylic convertor making that noise have you looked under the car while its making the boise to pinpoint exactly where its at? Noises from the engine area the possibilities are endless could be anything need more info on that

Let me give you some advice that you may or may not have received yet. Before you commit to buying this Pony you need to ask your uncle some really detailed questions and make a decision. The first thing you need to ask him if you don't know by now, is this stang his upgrade or problem child. What I mean by that is, upgrade is when he takes your money and uses it to get something faster and bigger than what he has. Problem child, is when he tired of spending money fixing problem after problem and pretty much running away from this and passing it on to the first sucker he sees or knows. I know he is your uncle and SHOULDN'T DO YOUR WRONG however business and family never mix well. If you get a good enough answer to continue the transaction, your second set of questions are, what have you done and what needs to be done to the car. That will get you a rough ball park idea of what you need to do if your mechanically incline or how much money you need to spend at a shop if your not. Now if you get a bad feeling and or get the run around with the questions you ask, you may need to ask your family members how is he with cars, good, bad and or just runs them into the ground. If this is your first Stang, don't want it to put a nasty taste in your mouth because someone didn't take care of the car and you think all Stangs are crap. If you do decide to buy it because, hell your just strapped for a car now and don't care then you need to get as detailed as possible if you are looking for help in this forum. There is a lot of knowledgeable people here and will do their best to help you, so get that information asap and post away.