Hey Cheapy

WORTH

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
Cape Cod, Ma.
I have a friend that wants me to build him a Cobra or a Daytona coupe from Force 5.

Can i get a little insider info?

1)What did you use for a donor?
2)What was your total cost without labor?
3)How many hours would you guess you have in it?
4)What was the final cost for Beer?
5)Can I borrow your daughter?

• Sponsors (?)

Happy to, ask away!

I hope to get mine running again tonight after a winter of upgrades. I'll post pics shortly.

Cobrask8Jan2006750.jpg

I bought a MkII Roadster on close-out special in April 2004, so I save a little bit of maney.

1 - I used a rusty but dependable 1988 Mustang GT
2 - Without paint, but all legal fees, lot's of donor parts, home made, and scrounging, $23K. I have a spread sheet if you want.
3 - Too many! And still doing more. But, who cares!!!!
4 - Not too much, a few cases. Coffee, pizza also must be figured in.
5 - yes, just give her one of your convertibles when you are done, and a donation to her college fund!

Since you are so close to the factory, you should stop by.

Attachments

• Cobrask8Jan2006750.jpg
    Cobrask8Jan2006750.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 65
LMAO, after I'm done doing the inner rockers in my buddies 65 I may give her my 70 cause that's gonna need the same thing and this is being a royal pain in the butt :)

I'd love a copy of your spread sheet, trying to explain the costs to a novice is tough, they tend to ignore most of what you tell them, they see the kit price and figure for another 1000 they have a car.

[email protected]

thanks eric

WORTH said:
LMAO, after I'm done doing the inner rockers in my buddies 65 I may give her my 70 cause that's gonna need the same thing and this is being a royal pain in the butt :)

I'd love a copy of your spread sheet, trying to explain the costs to a novice is tough, they tend to ignore most of what you tell them, they see the kit price and figure for another 1000 they have a car.

[email protected]

thanks eric

Can I get a copy too?

[email protected]
~Critter

I remember that trip! Still think I should've called the guys bluff, "we pulled the battery....." after I wedged myself into the coupe and found the keys in the ignition!

Here's an idea for Deanna's summer vaction........ship her here for two-three weeks so I can put her to work on "sally", then I'll forward her up to WORTH on the Cape!:nice:

chepsk8 said:
Did you guys get them?

Here's a pic of my donor before it was "undressed"...

88GTRF400.jpg

Yes I did, thanks, with the exception of your tire and wheel fetish, you did pretty good:D

I do have a question though, why didn't you paint it before you assembled it?

Attachments

• 88GTRF400.jpg
    88GTRF400.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 67
For the wheels, I did want the replica Halibrands, and they did not come cheap. Probably the most expensive purchase for the car. I did watch the budget on my street tires (Yokohamas). The 17" rims & tires are for track time, very soft, sticky tires.

I did not paint it on purpose, as I have not yet finalized my paint scheme. Definitely NOT blue with white stripes! I also wanted to leave it raw as I figured I'd be racing the car for a few years, probably swapping motors, getting the car dirty, and just beating it silly, so why paint it yet? I will in a few years when I am done pounding it sensless, and save up enough $$$ for a nice paint job.

Dan