Hi From Ne Ohio

ohio65stang

Sep 26, 2016
Greetings all. I've been a car guy for too many years to count. I've owned: 69 Chevelle, 73 Nova SS, couple 87 Grand Nationals, many many Fox Body and SN95 Mustangs, 71 Duster, 13 Challenger RT, 14 Challenger SRT8, 71 Cutlass 442, several Firebirds and Trans Ams - pretty much a general overall car nut. I finally ventured into a classic Ford. I recently came across a 65 Mustang Coupe and was really impressed with it's condition. It's a super clean car and I am really enjoying working to get it back on the road. I'm hoping I will meet some great people here and gain some knowledge about my car along the way.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome! That's quite a list of cars. You should check out the classics forum and post some pictures. The guys over there should be able to help you out with anything you need.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Welcome to stangnet brother!

Yep, lots and lots of cars there.

Got a picture you can post of your '65?

Like skyline said, check out the classic subforum. You'll get a bunch of help there.

Good to have you with us!

Thanks guys. I'll have to round up some pics of the cars especially the most recent 65. I did ask a question about the 289 that came in the 65 in the classic car forum. I hope someone answers. I really need some help with the block ID. If it is a 71 like i think it is that changes my plans for the car rebuild. I was really hoping it was the stock block. My dilemma is which way to go. I already put a 302 in it to keep it a driver while rebuilding the tired 289. If it is not the original engine for the car is there any advantage to putting it back in since I already have a decent 302 in it? Decisions decisions...