hooker exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

jslavens said:
does the hooker exhaust system for the 1998 6 cyl. sound god at all? any better than flowmaster? spin tech? etc?

Be different and go with the Hooker Areo chambers :) Everyone and there Dog has atleast one FlowMaster on there car. I going with a Hooker Areo chamber my self but I can't tell you how good it sounds since I've only heard them on four bangers which I might add sounds nice :)

be care full of the hooker dual exhaust kit part#16864 ( no mufflers included). i have one and made the mistake of trying to use 2.5 offset inlet/2.5 offset outlet mufflers originally. they would not fit no matter what i did. the hooker kit is designed for 2.5 offset inlet and 2.5 center outlet. i used Goerlich`s Xcelerator 2.5 " muffler and it sounded quiet (but louder than stock) with the factory cats on but with the mac cat h-pipe they sounded really nice. i have since switched to flowmaster 40`s and they sound really good in my opinion. the hooker kit also uses the old 5.0 style tailpipe hanger not the newer 4.6 style