HOW to Replace EGR TUBE

DAZ

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2002
Endwell, NY
Is there a special tool or method for replacing the EGR Tube on the 2000 Mustang GT. I cant get my arm to the nut from on top of the engine and I cant get a wrench into the area from underneath. I am thinking I might have a little more room if I disconnect the XPipe from the Exhaust manifold, but it still gonna be tough to get a wrench in there.

• Sponsors (?)

It is tight. I created my own "stubby" wrench from a regular 1-1/16 wrench. Put it into a vise and cut it with a hack saw. Also got some additional clearance by removing the wheels and fender liners.

No doubt about it. It is a difficult area to work.

Don't forget to disconnect the vacuum lines to the DPFE.

It is tight. I created my own "stubby" wrench from a regular 1-1/16 wrench. Put it into a vise and cut it with a hack saw. Also got some additional clearance by removing the wheels and fender liners.

No doubt about it. It is a difficult area to work.

Don't forget to disconnect the vacuum lines to the DPFE.

Were you able to get to it just from removing wheel and fender liner? Or did you still need to use your homemade wrench? Does dropping the x pipe give more clearance?

I know this us for a gt. But i have a 2000 v6. I need to replace the egr tube and the secondary air tube in the manifold. Does anyone have any laying around or know where i can find one?