I sold the GT350 clone.

65shlbycln

Founding Member
Aug 24, 2002
Atlanta
It's been a while, but some of you will remember me. I used to post here very actively for about 2-3 years. Last april, after throwing 7k in mods to the car, she died. Since the car was my daily driver, i had to buy something quick, and within a weeks time, bought my M3. So, my time has been spent on bmw forums instead.

I got tired of throwing money at the car, so we decided to sell it.

Just to let you guys know what these cars are going for these days, I sold a non-running GT350 clone without decent seats last week for $21k. I kept the Corbeau A4 racing seats, and bought the nastiest pair of '65 buckets i could find. Threw them in there, and called it a day.

I guarantee you, the fact that i had cloned the car made the big difference in price. People go nuts for all things shelby. Even if its a clone.

mustgone1.JPG

mustgone2.JPG

mustgone3.JPG

mustgone4.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

holy crap, I got a 66 A code gt350 clone that runs 12.50's i'll be selling this summer, hopefully I can get close to that...I wouldn't know what to do with myself....

where did you sell it? Also was the motor blown?

DarkoStoj said:
holy crap, I got a 66 A code gt350 clone that runs 12.50's i'll be selling this summer, hopefully I can get close to that...I wouldn't know what to do with myself....

where did you sell it? Also was the motor blown?

It was on autotrader for 1 month. Last august. Since then, so many people have called, that i didnt even bother to renew the ad.

Motor was NA. Mods are in my sig.

Put some stripes on the car. May not make it any faster, but it may sell it quicker. :D

Why was it not running?

If the motor was blown you got a GREAT price, if the carb was fouled or the distro bushings worn out someone else got a great deal.

I lmost bought a 97 M3 right before I bought the 97 Cobra. The Cobra was a lot cheaper and roughly equal in performance. Having owned the Cobra for 100 months and only changing oil/pads/battery/tires in 90,000 miles I am happy with my decision :D

My best friend bought a 97 cobra with like 80k on it. He bought it at a auction in denver colorado for 7k . The car is in great shape and is getting some pretty heavy mods put on that 4 valve engine as we speak. http://bdtracing.125mb.com/nickcar.htm is the link to the page with the car on it. It has also stared in a few videos on the video section of the site. Just thought i would throw that out there for ya guys.

Yeah, whoever got my car got a great unit. I changed the oil every 3,000 miles with Mobil-1 and never raced it and only did one burnout on the way to trade it in for my 2005-GT.

fvike said:
I'm glad you sold it when you lost interest, and didn't put it behind the shed saying you would "restore it later". Now someone else has gotten the car of their dreams. It says a lot about you.:hail2:

Yeah, it's really a shame when people do that.

The car just needed about 1-2k in work to be fine again. I just don't have the money right now to do it.