I Think My Girlfriend Is Hooked on…

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
I think my girlfriend is hooked on racing now. She and I drove up to the SCCA SOLO event in Dalhart Texas this past weekend and had a blast. We entered her Toyota Camry in the event and drove like maniacs trying to round the course as fast as possible. :D

She was scared at first but after a couple runs she was really going at it. I never heard tires make noises like that before. Her goal was to beat the time I had set and she got within a couple seconds of it before the last of her 9 attempts.

What a great day not only did I get my girlfriends permission to sign us up for membership in the SCCA. I also got to ride in a C5 Corvette! I really lucked out because the guy with the vette was a much more experienced driver and wanted to share his knowledge with me. He rode with me first and gave me a few tips and then I got to ride with him to see how it was supposed to be done. WOW!! I need to get me one of those corvettes although I’d probably wind up in the hospital with a herniated face from the permanent smile driving or riding in a vette causes.

The next event is closer to Lubbock and the guys in the club want me to bring the stang out. I’m not sure about that one yet I’ve got some steering issues to resolve first, but hey like the guys were telling me I’d only be 20 miles from home if I broke something. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)