If you had $2k.......

to spend on a stock 06 GT, what would you get. I don't post a whole lot, but lurk frequently. I have had my mustang for over a year and have yet to do any mods. I recently came into an unexpected $2,000 and want to spend it on goodies.

I'm leaning toward:
1. SCT 2 and CAI (everyone starts here)
2. I'd really like to get long tubes, off-road mid pipe, and flowmaster 40's. (not sure I can get this all done in my 2k limit)
a. suggestions on brands, pros/cons, which gives more power vs sound?
(why yes, yes I did find some more room to beat on that long tube debaded dead horse.):dead:

Thanks for your opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like you want to do performance stuff,

I would definitely start with the CAI/Tuner combo, that's going to be around $500-600, I'd then go for gears (4.10s) approx $800 installed? Maybe some lowering springs $200-230, LCAs and relocation brackets $400-500.

That's going to be my performance build up.

If you wanted to throw some appearance in there, substitute wheels for something.

I would definitely start with the CAI/Tuner combo, that's going to be around $500-600, I'd then go for gears (4.10s) approx $800 installed? Maybe some lowering springs $200-230, LCAs and relocation brackets $400-500.

If you wanted to throw some appearance in there, substitute wheels for something.

+1 - moderate mods with the tune and CAI and work on suspension. As you add power you will need to get it planted to the ground. With this being #2 on the to-do list, you will be set for additional mods for performance.

Really depends on what you want to do with the car. Personally, I'd start with a CAI/tuner, then gears. After that, I'm torn between an aluminum drive shaft, or longtubes and h pipe. Personally I'm leaning towards the longtubes.

I agree with your list, but installed gears should never cost that much, I got mine done for $525 and I think "kooldawg6" paid the same for his 4.10's.

I would look into a one piece aluminum drive shaft too... Like SpyderShaft.
($479.00)

I agree with your list, but installed gears should never cost that much, I got mine done for $525 and I think "kooldawg6" paid the same for his 4.10's.

I would look into a one piece aluminum drive shaft too... Like SpyderShaft.
($479.00)

I was high-balling the cost and factoring in the cost of gears themselves too. i've got a couple quotes out here in fresno and they want about 500-600 to do the gears and then the gears cost about $200.

I'm all ears if they cost lower in my area!

Do you have emissions where you live? If not, as far as exhaust goes you can get a Pypes O/R H pipe which sounds pretty darn good with the stock mufflers($260 installed on mine). Pretty much all you get is sound from swapping the stockers. Tune/CAI will give great performance for the price($500+/-). Gears will do alot(Casey4s and I got them at the same shop-$525 was parts AND labor:D ). Spydershft(<$500) will do wonders for lightening the strain on the driveline. that may even give you left over money for UDPs($200). That will get you in the $2K ballpark and give you alot of performance. Suspension and appearance mods will do wonders as well, but you will have to plan on what you want to achieve. As mine sits, I have over $4K in it. By the months end(after my 2nd set of wheels/tires), I'll be another $1600 in:D

Like someone else said it all depends on what you want

Do you want speed, looks, or exhaust note?

Your money is best spent on tune and gears if you want performance.

Exhaust mods on these cars are more for sound than HP.

As far as looks go, lowering the car is always a good thing for a stock mustang.
I don't even consider lowering a mustang a modification, it's more like a repair.

JLT Intake and Xcal Tuner ---- $550
Steeda UD Pullies--------------- $200
Spyder Shaft--------------------- $500 shipped
FRPP 4:10 Gears---------------- about $500 installed
BMR Lower Control Arms------- $130
BMR Upper Control Arm-------- $130

total is $2010!

JLT Intake and Xcal Tuner ---- $550
Steeda UD Pullies--------------- $200
Spyder Shaft--------------------- $500 shipped
FRPP 4:10 Gears---------------- about $500 installed
BMR Lower Control Arms------- $130
BMR Upper Control Arm-------- $130

total is $2010!

With decent traction/weather/driving skill that would get you into the 12s in the 1/4:D