"Yes, I replied."
"I've never been parked in a garage."
"Me neither", I replied.
"Don't be an ass" the Mustang said.
"OK, what's up?"
"It's freegin hot here in Florida."
"Yep. I surely know it, in fact ..."
"Put a sock in it" the Mustang said.
"Listen Vax, how's about getting me some damn window tint like all the other Florida cars have?"
"I'll think about it.", I said.
"And I'll think about making it to 150,000 miles."
"OK, Mustang, I'll get you tinted, you win."

So I did. I had to take it back and have the rear tint cut about 3 inches below the window line because of those weird dots Ford puts on the windows. I think it looks good. What say you? Pics are linked in sig.
Thanks!

(Thanks to Carl's Tropical Tint- cost $115.00)

• Sponsors (?)

I've had 5% on the back of everything I have ever owned, and have never been busted for them. My last two mustangs got 5% on the front doors finally, and this year is the first time I have ever been pulled over for it. Always one of those "Get it taken care of." speeches.

Evil281, your car looks badass.

mines darker than legal and i actually have windshield tinted too, i need it here its freakin 120 degrees out

Every car I've had was tinted all the way around. Normally, it was 30 on the windshield with a 5% strip on the top few inches. 30 on the doors, 20 on the back and 5 on the others.

I haven't gotten around to tinting this one yet, will probably wait until spring.

The hard part is finding someone willing to tint the windshield. Most shops won't touch it (liability BS). Luckily, I've got a friend that does a great job (she's been tinting for about 20 years) and she guarantees it for life and will do the windshield.

The last car I had was an RSX, she tinted the whole thing for $190, including the windshield.

I hope her number still works...

....because of those weird dots Ford puts on the windows.

Maybe I missed something, but in the years I've read posts about tinting Mustangs, nobody seems to have a good way with dealing with those f______ dots. I've seen tint jobs on Mustangs personally, and they look good, except when seen up close. There always seems to be a gap in the tint coverage, due to those f______ dots. The gap is not a big deal, but it's still there...

I've wanted to get mine tinted, but have held up hoping to read something that addresses what to do about those f______ dots. Anybody have success with this?

You can probably guess how I feel about those f______ dots. :mad::mad::mad:

Yes there is a way to deal with the dots..........I had the tint guy put black vinyl
on the outside of the glass. Its almost unnoticable.

DSCN0053.jpg
[/IMG]

My car was tinted the second day i had it. Texas gets kinda warm believe it or not.

Down here it's actually kinda weird seeing a car without tint, growing up i thought that's how they came from the factory:shrug:

i got mine tinted including the dots on the top, its not bad at all, not really a big deal , but yea there is some small amounts of air by the dots, other than that its fine. i dont notice it anyway, no one does.