in the shop with trans problems

kerg

Aug 22, 2005
SF Bay Area,CA
I droped off my 05 GT today at the shop. It does'nt like going into first gear at a complete stop with the clutch pushed in. It will go in half way or grind
does any one else have this problem or is it just me

• Sponsors (?)

Mine get's a definate "NOTCH" in it when it is fully up to operating temp. It does go into 1st, but I have to slowly push it in. If I ham-fist it the trans will grind. I'm thinking that the hydraulic clutch needs to be bled so I will be taking care of that soon before I cause any harm..

Had the same problem

I had the exact same grinding/not going into first problem with the clutch pushed all the way in. I took it to the dealer and they said it was my synchronizers. Sure enough, after 10 days of being at the shop it works like a charm now :nice:

mine has the same problem, but with more than just first gear, i am waiting now for the ford rep to be in the dealership so he/she can look at my car to ok the work on it. i have been waiting over a week for this, does this seem right? a tech drove the car and said there is def a problem.

official_style said:
mine has the same problem, but with more than just first gear, i am waiting now for the ford rep to be in the dealership so he/she can look at my car to ok the work on it. i have been waiting over a week for this, does this seem right? a tech drove the car and said there is def a problem.
i like it when a tech says this, then they cant figure it out and say its normal, we drove another GT and it did the same thing. IT IS NOT NORMAL. whenever i finally get around to finding a NEW dealership for warranty work, i will try to get it fixed again. if tranny drops before then, i had it documented at 3000 miles that i was having all these problems.....

Tech told me it was "normal". I called Ford, they told me "since the tech says it's normal, then it's normal." My opinion as a customer doesn't matter.

Needless to say it still makes tons of noise and it's not fixed and this will be my last ford.

Mine does the same plus there are times it won't go

onto third... but back to the first gear problem. Yes, it's probably the syncro's. So before you go into first, clutch depressed or not, with the stick pressed all the way to the left, just push the shifter back just a slight bit towards second gear and then up into first. Usually takes care of the notchy stop for me....

i got sick of waiting at the dealership where i was supposed to go. my friends dad works there and it has been over 3 weeks wait for the rep, and now he is out sick for a week. so i am going to quality ford mt vernon on monday. anyone ever deal with them? they are a roush dealer, so hopefully they are good.

Geez, it sounds like you guys are getting the run around like we did in the begining with ours ... now we have a TSB fix ... in a few months there will probably be one for your models, too. Why does it take Ford so long to acknowledge that there is a real problem?!!:bang:

RE: update
To day they called me and told me that the ford rep told them to take out an 06 and drive it and then call him back when the got done what thay said was the the tranny has a reall problem and need to be fix so Finally to day at 3:00 they go the aproval to drop the tran to inspec the cas for and problems and then possibilly go further

official_style said:
they called me today, and told me that the first problem is the clutch master cylinder. they are waiting on parts. if this doesnt fix it then the tranny comes out.
i like how they just throw parts at it till it works right.......