Instrument Panel Help?

mattmathis

Apr 10, 2012
My 94 GT speedo and tach are working fine, but the rest of the gauges are not working at all. Top possible causes or fixes for this?

Odometer either, but I figure that's the gear and probably doesn't' have anything to do with the others, right?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I would start looking for a blown fuse. The odometer is digital? Are the instrument cluster lights working? Do you have a good engine ground? Just thinking out loud here...

Thanks! I really appreciate you trying to help me! No none of it is digital. Yes all the lights are working. Indicator and the guage lights. Do you mean the ground at the batter? If so then yes.

I'm not sure if this would help but maybe checking the sensors would fix it. I know my oil pressure on my cluster keeps flying around the place so I'm ordering a new oil pressure sending unit here soon.

Thanks! I really appreciate you trying to help me! No none of it is digital. Yes all the lights are working. Indicator and the guage lights. Do you mean the ground at the batter? If so then yes.
I would check the ground from the engine to the chassis. Usually located on the back of the drivers cylinder head.

Check the fuses. If it were just the odometer I would say the plastic odometer gear was the culprit, but not when other gauges aren't working either. Read through the fuse section on you owner's manual if for nothing else to determine which circuit isn't working right. If it's not a fuse, you are going to be under their checking wires with a multimeter. PITA. Different gauges are not on the same fuse. The Speedometer is on the dome light fuse for some reason, the tach on another, and the others on another again.

Kurt