Interior Panel Questions

88LX5.Oh

15 Year Member
Dec 30, 2011
Arkansas
Both of these may come off dumb to many of you, but when I bought my car, the interior was trashed and all taken apart.
My first question is, the big interior panel, I guess it's called the interior quarter panel? Idk. Anyways, is it supposed to wrap around part of the door weather stripping? It looks like it's supposed to, but like I said, I never took the interior apart. Part of the panel wants to wrap around but another part doesn't. I have a pic if it helps.
DSC_0166_zps9a6fceb4.jpg

My second question has to do with these panels again.
The rear set belt, where in the world do they exit out of these panels?
There is a hole off to the side of the little box that contains the belt, but surely the belt isn't supposed to curve straight over and THEN go up to the occupant?
DSC_0164_zpsf4eda0e1.jpg

Or does the panel need to be pushed back closer to the body of the car and then down, so the panel is kind of tucked behind the seat belt? That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think of it :p

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0669.jpg

The panel should ride on the weatherstrip like this...

It looks like you have an 88, so the seat belt design was different from my 91-93 models. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Looks like someone took that panel off and installed it poorly. The panel sits closer to the body and tucks behind the seat belt. It looks like someone failed to go over and behind the belt

Looks like someone took that panel off and installed it poorly. The panel sits closer to the body and tucks behind the seat belt. It looks like someone failed to go over and behind the belt
Yeah I tucked it behind the seat belt and everything lined up a whole lot better but it was still a bit of a hassle getting it into the weather stripping. I think this panel was a little messed up. The passenger side just about fell right into place for me so the drivers side had to have been warped or something.