interior uphostery!!!!!!!!

67staaang

Mar 30, 2005
Sup stangnetters! haha well i am currently looking into replacing my upholstery for my two front seats. i know vinyl upholstery are everywhere, but i was wondering if there was a specific site that you guys would recommend? I want my original color but i want it exactly the same color and im not sure if i trust those websites that say THEY ARE 99.9% accurate that the colors match. so please spit up some recommendations for me to look through. once again thanks guys!!!:D

• Sponsors (?)

67staaang said:
Sup stangnetters! haha well i am currently looking into replacing my upholstery for my two front seats. i know vinyl upholstery are everywhere, but i was wondering if there was a specific site that you guys would recommend? I want my original color but i want it exactly the same color and im not sure if i trust those websites that say THEY ARE 99.9% accurate that the colors match. so please spit up some recommendations for me to look through. once again thanks guys!!!:D

As far as I know all of the parts suppliers get their upholstery from TMI Products. When I bought the upholstery for my 73 Mach 1 I called TMI directly and asked if they could send me a sample of the vinyl. Sure it took a week to get the sample but then I was sure of what I would be getting. I ordered through Canadian Mustang/American Pony and I would not recommend them to anyone.

krash kendall said:
What was your problem with Canadian Mustang? I buy there all the time as I live only 10 km from them. Other guys have bought from them as well without any mention of difficulties.

Canadian Mustang was good to me for quite a while I will admit that. The problems actually started when I ordered the upholstery. They sent the wrong ones (box was labelled wrong) and then refused to take them back. Eventually they took them back but would not cover my costs of shipping them back. This happened 4 times!! Finally I told them to check the contents before shipping, so needless to say after 4 chances and 8 months I got what I ordered in the first place. They never covered the cost of any of the shipping either even though it was admittedly their mistake. The same thing happened when I ordered a headliner. However I only gave them one chance at fixing their mistake before I switched suppliers. I will say that they have really competitive prices and were good to deal with until the problems I mentioned.

Coo thanks oboebrian ill look into cjpony. has anyone ever tried matching original color with custom leather upholstery? it sounds like a good idea, but prolly have to put in aot of money

I looked into getting fords new light grey color for my 65 and it was going to run 1500 for the leather and another 1000 for custom foam and installation. So now I am back tot eh drawing board.