JLT a no no

^Go ask the question over on MD....thats what they told me....and I seen 1 thread personally where a guy ran the car with a K&N. Put the JLT on (cant remember if it was a different day) and gained 1 MPH. Then just for kicks put the stock system back in and it dropped 1MPH consistently....put it back in and gained it back.

The 1st dyno #s on the K&N was from a magazine as tested back to back (3 runs each way) on a bullitt. Almost no difference.

And do a search here in the Tech section and JLTucker posts up a dyno graph from someone elses dyno (he doesnt have one) . Test done in VERY VERY simular conditions (almost exactly) and the car picked up 8RWHP over a BBK CAI when he put it on. And if im not mistaken, the BBK was good for 2RWHP over the stock system.

• Sponsors (?)

You know, it's funny how in the day of the internet when we have a problem with a part the first thing we do is drop the tools and run the the computer.

Personally I would CALL the company and try to figure out what can be done to fix the problems were having.

Sir, you also felt the need to send me a nasty email beraiding me and my company, telling me this is on some shelf in H/D and how you will never recommend it to anyone ever.

This is no way to get help. Go into a store yelling and screaming and see what you get for service.
Also, Please tell me what shelf this kit is on in any store, because I have many hours into these to make them work and look the way they do.

As you can see here and I'm sure you have researched before you purchaced tons of customers are very happy with there JLT.

We also put this on the very top of the directions for the JLT 96-04 GT:
Please note, it has come to our attention that Ford has 4 different motor mounts putting the engine in 4 slightly different positions. This can cause this intake to be very tight to the oil fill cap on a small percentage of models and “may” require slight modification of the cap with a dermal or grinder to clear this JLT intake

You can install this on one car with no clearance issues what so ever then the next car can be differant. This also is a problem with the P51 intake as well.

If this was not a option for you a call was in order and I would have been happy to do what ever you wished.

About the only thing that was done wrong on our part is I guess we forgot to include the hose gasket for the apron plate. My sincere apologise on this and I would have loved to get a call at this point to do what ever I could to get you one or pay for you to get one. I'm easy to work with.

As for the gains in question. If you have not done any testing of this product or any product your posts are only opinions. We and tons of others have tested these kits and repeat the gains of 8-12 RWHP and up to 3/10th in the 1/4. Search the internet and you'll find the results.

Here's what some GT customers have said:
Before I put the JLT CAI on I pulled 242 on the MD. That is a 10 hp gain with the JLT over the Densecharger. Does that tell you the JLT flows a little better.
Jim P

I ordered your product and it arrived on time...upon opening the box I found the paint job to be excellent....I have a black car so I did not have a special order for paint......I installed your product(I did have a MAC in place) and last weekend I had a chance to hit the interstate and the throttle response was unbelievable, my wife even commented that she could feel the difference in how the car ran....great product and I have already recommended and emailed your site to friends....
William E. Wright, Sr. "02-04 GT

I have used the Mac Straight Shot, and Densecharger, and now my JLT. This is by far the higest quality kit avialable. This blows the densecharger away as far as airflow and the Mac got so hot and the filter was in the engine bay, think stock was better once at operating temps were reached. THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE ONLY COLD AIR KIT YOU SHOULD BUY if you're in the market, the finish matches car perfectly and kit installed perfectly with a perfect fit, worth every penny, DOES NOT GET HOT! Thanks Jay!!! :)
Brett 96-04 GT CAI

Bottom line is we do our best to make everyone happy and put out a good product. If your not happy there is a return policy posted on the home page of the web site that we DO honor.

If you have a issue or problem with your JLT or any product for that matter, give the company a call and give them a chance to make it right. If your not happy at that point blast them on the internet.

Thanks you all for your support.

Jay

oh-snappage.

Ive never been a fan of CAI's, but the only 2 I ever considered were the JLT and MRT. I wont be getting either though, bc I have some big round thing mounted in front of my motor that would be in the way :)

Funny how the JLT stuff is either a love or hate item. You're not the first person to have difficulty installing a JLT CAI. Do a search there are others.

As mentioned though, call Jay Tucker and ask for help or clarification if necessary. JLT customer support is top notch.

U.M.

fluffyrunnells said:
silly question..

why is the jlt cai cheaper on mustangtuning.com, with free shipping. than on the jlt website. kind of strange..??

+ discount...:shrug:
No not really. The company who makes any product sells for more then there dealers. C&L is about $100 more then there dealers, check it out.

It's how some companies do it. They want the dealers to push the product, advertise and sell it in volumes. The more dealers you have the more you sell, the bigger the discount you give your dealers the more they buy in volume and sell cheaper to make money in volume as well.

At JLT were 98% customer direct, (and like it) this is why you only see dealers selling for a small amount lower then what we do. Our kits are very labor intencive, so we don't give dealers a huge discount like many others do. Our mark up is small and a big discount would mean selling kits to dealers at near cost. Some kits are at that now.

We started JLT because air filter systems out there were way too expancive for what you got and didn't make the power claimed. We took the approch of selling something for a fair price with little profit, that made HP. This stuck us in the butt when all these dealers started to call wanting to sell the product and want a huge discount. Discount a discounted product and your making pennies on each.

I'm not complaining, I'm happy to have big names like Mustang Tuning, CJ Pony parts, BamaChips, Brenspeed and Evolution Performance selling JLT stuff. It's a honor that so many customers what our stuff.

Hope this clears things up,

Jay