KB and Fuel Pressure

Just installed my Autometer fuel pressure and vacumm/boost gauges. The former is an eletrical gauge, while the latter is a mechanical gague. I tested the gauges and at WOT I was able to read 9 psi on the boost gauge. At some point it even read 10 psi!!! At idle, the fuel pressure gauge read 32 psi. When running I get 42 psi (in 4th gear @ 4500 rpm). At WOT, the fuel pressure fluctuates somewhat. At one point, it jumped to about 52 psi, but came back to 42 psi quickly. Is this about right? What is the fuel pressure supposed to read (at idle and at WOT) with the KB S/C? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The boost guage seems normal, as I can sometimes read 10 PSI at WOT myself with my 9# setup.

The fuel guage might not be correct, though. It is hard to tell from your explaination.

I have the electrical Autometer guage setup and I either had a bad or "incorrect" sending unit with my fuel pressure guage setup. A Ford mechanic pointed out that it was not right and varified the problem with a mechanical fuel guage. My guage reading never seemed stable and it would shoot up to 50 PSI, then back just as quick for no reason. It was also very "jerky" at normal cruising speeds. I called Autometer and they asked if I had a black box inbetween the sender and the guage. I did not have the black box inbetween. Apparently there are two styles. They sent me a new sender unit. The new sender was completley different with a whole different part number. Therefore I concluded that Summit Racing sent the wrong sender to begin with. The "wrong" sender part number was "4590-0008-22 P158-5190-2 D1003-170." The good one is "4590-0023-12 0-100 PSIG". I hope this helps.

The fuel pressure is supposed to go up to 50 or 52 PSI at WOT. If this is your case, things may be OK, but if it shoots up to there under normal driving conditions, then wither the BOP system is weird or you have a bad part in your guage setup. Let us know what the deal is.