Kenne Bell Blowers

Mustang4119

May 26, 2004
I see KB has the 2.1 now for the lowest and 2.6l for the 2v blocks. So no more 1.7. What can I get for a stock 2v gt block? I have 400rwhp now on my vortech, but im really sick of it. It kicks in at higher rpms and I want a sleeper. KB is awesome for dd. What are people making for power with the kb's? Which pulley would I need? Theres a intercooled and non intercooled. I have a custom spearco intercooler on my blower now, so im used to intercooled. I really want to know if this is worth the swap. How hard can this be to install one?

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang4119 said:
I see KB has the 2.1 now for the lowest and 2.6l for the 2v blocks. So no more 1.7. What can I get for a stock 2v gt block? I have 400rwhp now on my vortech, but im really sick of it. It kicks in at higher rpms and I want a sleeper. KB is awesome for dd. What are people making for power with the kb's? Which pulley would I need? Theres a intercooled and non intercooled. I have a custom spearco intercooler on my blower now, so im used to intercooled. I really want to know if this is worth the swap. How hard can this be to install one?

I have the 1.7 and am running somewhere near 450rwhp @ 10#'s of boost on a 14# pulley. Go intercooled or you won't see more than 6#'s of boost. I don't know enough about the new 2.1 kit. You won't be disappointed with the KB. I just came home from work and decided to fool around a little. I got the car up to 70kph, 50mph? in second and hammered the gas. Tires broke loose instantly and roasted for about 30feet. You can smoke the tires at will with the KB. I took my secretary for a spin last week and started out in second and roasted them. Tried it in third and can still easily smoke the tires. KB's are fun :D Nothing against the other blowers, anything blown is fun.

Their service sucks and if you have a problem expect to pay a lot more for someone besides them to help you. Right now I have a $5600 paper weight and a mustang that doesn't run.

I'm getting ready to throw a heap load of BITCH on them for this peice of ****.

GDawg said:
Their service sucks and if you have a problem expect to pay a lot more for someone besides them to help you. Right now I have a $5600 paper weight and a mustang that doesn't run.

I'm getting ready to throw a heap load of BITCH on them for this peice of ****.

did u install it yourself? alot of people are happy with them

i'm happy with mine, but uhh your gonna have traction issues like tweekedgt said, its fun but you'll definetly need drag radials to hook up with these things. I have 315 wide goodyear f1 gs/d3s on right now and i can easily smoke em.
Power is in my sig.

Mustang4119 said:
did u install it yourself? alot of people are happy with them

Yes I did. I followed their instructions to the "T" and what issues I had was like pulling teeth from them. I can't get through to their service line. The few responses from "their agents" on a non kenne bell site as been weak. I'm about ready to get a lawyer. I've documented everything both in emails/PMs and video.

When it worked for all of 5 miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61TCeo4d7I

After five miles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C_LCfGjDfQ

If they would answer the damn phone maybe we could work this out.

I'm not pleased at all right now, and unless they help me I'm going to spread the word to ruin their sales in the U.S.

:mad:

GDawg said:
Yes I did. I followed their instructions to the "T" and what issues I had was like pulling teeth from them. I can't get through to their service line. The few responses from "their agents" on a non kenne bell site as been weak. I'm about ready to get a lawyer. I've documented everything both in emails/PMs and video.

When it worked for all of 5 miles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61TCeo4d7I

After five miles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C_LCfGjDfQ

If they would answer the damn phone maybe we could work this out.

I'm not pleased at all right now, and unless they help me I'm going to spread the word to ruin their sales in the U.S.

:mad:

is that a pulley seizing up?

kinda sounded that way to me as well... similer noise when the spacing between my AC pully and the friction plate got too close and they rubbed... i'd pull the pully off and recheck it... maybe its the vid, but it sounds like metal on metal resonance... if its a "whistle" then i really cant help with that one... take carb spray and go down the intake track... if it revs, you know where the leak is...

KB will be my choice of blower when i get there... i have heard that their service is near garbage though... you either need a solid shop, like MPH, or hope you have good luck.

Torinalth