King Cobra Clutch?

MUSTANGJOE

Silver Stanger
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Hi guys..

Im in the market for a new clutch. I was think of the king cobra clutch kit. Its looks good for the $$$. The thing is whats a Valeo king cobra and a regular KC. Also I saw a ram KC!...Witch one is the good one the one from ford racing? :shrug:

Also were is a good place to buy one...I need it to be shipped to Canada were I live. Let me know..thanks guys :)

• Sponsors (?)

Well from what i've seen alot of guys on here aren't very big fans of the king cobra... idk why i liked mine, i'll probably go with one again i really like how you could feel it

I have no complaints so far. I havent 'reeeally' laid into my car yet due to the new trany, but i've barked 3rd with it, and it grabs like a SOB. My only gripe if any is that it lets out really fast, but i'm getting used to that. I do think i'm going with a Centerforce Duel Friction next time around. I've driven a few cars with them and they're sweet clutches.

For the same money or less you could have a SPEC with better pedal feel and higher HP rating- and I've never heard a complaint about one, unlike the King Cobra. To answer your question, the King Cobra is made for Ford Motorsport by Valeo. The Ram, and the D&D, King Cobras are their own versions, but aren't FRPP parts. Oh, BTW, I'm another one of those who had a King Cobra (the real one) and hated it.

I got an FMS heavy duty clutch. The only difference from the KC I've ever read or heard about was the KC's pressure plate geometry which reduced pedal effort 10%. Mine was made by Valeo and I think my car had the same clutch in it before I got it. When I pulled it out it was marked Valeo and the new one feels/acts the same as the old(minus the slippage). I got it from Summit for ~$160 and it was packaged in a Ford Motorsport box.

My SD KC w/ceramic disc has held up great. I use the same setup Dave (Forced347) used before he sold it. only thing is you can't buy this setup just anywhere.

Scott

Valeo makes many of the clutches out there. My ZOOM pressure plate says VALEO on it. The Clutch disk is not King Cobra tho because I went with a muliti friction Kevlar on one side ans reg on other side It hooks too.

The Valeo King Cobra is the one to buy. Thats what Nitrous Racing sells he also has a Heavy Duty King Cobra. I was gonna buy it but bought my zoom clutch from a guy on ebay for 140 shipped and it was 250-270 new. I couldnt pass it up.

Ok pulled out my old clutch..can someone tell me what clutch it is. Heres the part # E57 M7550A302 It says valeo on it also. The KC ends with C302..is my old one the stock application?