Koni Sale

Orange are the softest, like the soft setting on the yellows, is what I read.

I disagree with the statement that the shocks only affect the ride a little bit. Unless you have a ridiculously high spring rate, (for a lowered or track only car), the shocks’ valving will make the difference between feeling every expansion crack and rock or not, and floating or having very little suspension travel over road variations.
Springs do matter in ride quality and handling, but they have to work with the dampers.

Example, on our first band wagon, I had the shocks and struts replaced, and they used the wrong KYB model. It went to riding like a freakin’ lumber wagon until we sold it. The next time, I was specific about which Monroe shocks and struts I wanted, and not only did it get rid of the rear float over big road dips it came with from the factory, it also rode smoother, even fully loaded.

The Oespectra dampers I put on my Grand Marquis restored both the ride and handling to smooth and more controled to cop car and taxi levels. I could have gone with something tighter, but these dampers and springs work well together.
You have to think about the whole package.
KYB's are known for being harsh.... Once was enough, never a KYB buyer again

• Sponsors (?)

Ok. You are also thinking about the whole package. :nice:If the springs are too strong, and the shocks soft, it will feel every surface imperfection and still bounce over slight dips. Or it will bottom out on the street.
Yes, sway bars are a big part of handling, and less about ride, but the whole package makes a difference.

@limp the yellow ones are adjustable, so they are more expensive. If you are not auto crossing, (running over orange cones in a parking lot? :D), not going on the tail of the dragon, not drifting, and Bentley does not like getting jarred, I bet you would not use more than the low setting and may like the OEspectra. If I am off about your cruising expectations and demographics, get the yellow Koni’s and follow Warhorseracing for appropriate advice.
Bentley just digs " bein in the Wind".....
DSCF0240.JPG

I have the KYB AGX on all four corners. This was part of a 5 lug/ 4 wheel disc conversion, lowering springs (eibach pro kit) so a lot was changed at the same time. But so far, I’m very happy with the results…..expecting it to be a little harsher than OEM. I have the AGX set at the middle setting, and haven’t played with it, plus or minus.

I have the KYB AGX on all four corners. This was part of a 5 lug/ 4 wheel disc conversion, lowering springs (eibach pro kit) so a lot was changed at the same time. But so far, I’m very happy with the results…..expecting it to be a little harsher than OEM. I have the AGX set at the middle setting, and haven’t played with it, plus or minus.
Firm and harsh are two separate characteristics to me... Alot of info about KYB online, the shock that is " always priced well"....

Last edited: