leather seats

I was reading the write up from mustangs plus and htey seem to know what they are doing and they even sugjest to move the pan back a couple inches. So I think if there was any problem structeral wise they would know and would not sugjest it.

My question is that if you move the pan back will that affect the carpet fitment. being that my car is down to nothing but the shell literally, I dont have carpet in to see if it looks like it will affect the carpet fitment.

• Sponsors (?)

I was reading the write up from mustangs plus and htey seem to know what they are doing and they even sugjest to move the pan back a couple inches. So I think if there was any problem structeral wise they would know and would not sugjest it.

My question is that if you move the pan back will that affect the carpet fitment. being that my car is down to nothing but the shell literally, I dont have carpet in to see if it looks like it will affect the carpet fitment.

XXBULLETSXX Thanks for ansewering my question about your paint I just really like it maybe a bit darker but who knows I am not to that point yet... got along ways!

Are your seat belts deist? Do you mind me asking how much they were? I would like to do the same for my car but I want to keep the back seat so I will mount the belts on the floor(renforced) right behind the front seats. Has anyone done this? Is there any reasons not to do it that way?

The harnesses are RCI, from summit racing. They're 5 point, but I'm not using the submarine belts. I think they're about $70 a set. You can't mount them behind the seats on the floor, because it's too sharp of an angle and would put a strain on your body the wrong way. There is a minimum angle that the mounting point must be, as you will see in the instructions that come with them. I have mine mounted to where the rear seat belts would be.

Alright, thats what I have heard from others to but it just seems like if the holes on the seat are higher than my shoulders then it wouldnt compress my spine or anything like that. who knows. i dont plan on doing drag racing and only alittle bit of autocross but id just rather have the foiur point rather than a three. I did see a gold well brown i think fast back in mustangs and fords and the guy has lowback seats with four point belts... I can really see how that would not be safe unless he made a role bar and attached them to it. oh well thanks for the info.

I bought the seats below for my 67 fastback restomod project off of EBAY 399.00 for 2 all leather with sliders. The quaility was much better than I anticipated and fit very well in the 67. delivered in 4 days. I thought it might help when picking out a modern seat for your mustangs.
<><><><><><><><><><><>

First question... Have you mounted the seats and sat in the car yet? Wondering how comfortable the seats actually are.

Second question... In comparison to the original seats, is the front edge of the seat (under your thigh) higher than the orginal seat? I'm wondering if there would be a similar amount of clearance between the steering wheel and the seat, because the clearance between my legs and steering wheel is tight but acceptable with my stock 67 seats.
<><><><><><><><><><><>

1129477295720_SP53_leather.jpg

Attachments

• 1129477295720_SP53_leather.jpg
    1129477295720_SP53_leather.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 32
I guess I am still looking for someone to reply to this... my question is that if you move the pan back will that affect the carpet fitment. being that my car is down to nothing but the shell literally, I dont have carpet in to see if it looks like it will affect the carpet fitment. Will the preformed carpet not fit rightor what? thanks!

I guess I am still looking for someone to reply to this... my question is that if you move the pan back will that affect the carpet fitment. being that my car is down to nothing but the shell literally, I dont have carpet in to see if it looks like it will affect the carpet fitment. Will the preformed carpet not fit rightor what? thanks!

Sorry to leave you hangin, I moved my risers back and had no fitment issues. I only moved my back a small amount but I had no issues, the fitment was pretty much the same.