Likes and dislikes of my new 12 convertible

Let's see

No, I'm not a racer at all, but when mustang owners start posting about needing paddle shifters for their 6 cylinders and refer to their convertible as a "cabriolet" and how it has status in KY, then to me, the whole conversation has turned, "teh ghe;)y".:shrug:

A V8 2010 GT Vert has 315 HP 329 FT/Lbs and weighs in at 3651 Lbs
Power to weight ratio 11.23 to 1

My chick 6 as you like to call it, 2012 has 305 HP 280 FT/Lbs and weighs in at 3471 Lbs
Power to weight ratio 11.38 to 1

If the car had paddle shifters I would run against a 2010 manual GT and probably win 50% of the time.

If you put me on a road course I would probably win 90% of the time against the average Mustang GT owner.

• Sponsors (?)

My chick 6 as you like to call it, 2012 has 305 HP 280 FT/Lbs and weighs in at 3471 Lbs

If the car had paddle shifters I would run against a 2010 manual GT and probably win 50% of the time.

If you put me on a road course I would probably win 90% of the time against the average Mustang GT owner.

:stupid:

I guess you are making fun of me for the size of the motor in my new cabriolet. That is fine; I am new to online forums so I will laugh at it.

The only reason I bought my car was to elicit jealous stares of envy from non cabriolet owners. Here in Kentucky owning a cabriolet puts you at the top of the status totem pole.

I don't care about racing. I get my jollies by making Mr. and Mrs. Camry green with envy as they watch my silky cabriolet top retract into the confines of my trunk. Seem's like it's much more responsible than supercharging my car, gutting my cats, dropping my spare, and racing soccer moms in minivans between stop signs in 20mph school zones?

View attachment 168907

Be bought the "cabriolet" trying to win the love of his beloved sister back that he swears his cousing stole from him :shrug: Needed the edge, so he acquired a "status" change:jaw:

I don't know any, 'average' Mustang owners. Most of the folks I know are enthusiasts. I wouldn't put it past any of them to spank a V6 with a slush box in just about any GT ever made save for a bone stock Fox.

What I read in this thread is that you are NOT a driver. Were you a driver, you would probably not have made the choices that you've made in car selection, and not gripe about things that you gripe about in the slection you've made.

Paddle shifters in vert 6? For what??? Someplace to hang your pony tail when the top is up?

I smell a troll.

/thread

Be bought the "cabriolet" trying to win the love of his beloved sister back that he swears his cousing stole from him :shrug: Needed the edge, so he acquired a "status" change:jaw:

This is exactly what I am talking about. A no-status coupe owner, green with envy and hate, at the very thought of my status laden cabriolet.

I get this type of reaction everywhere I go. When I drop the top on my cabriolet at a red light people just stare and drool. I can't help it that the general public perceives a cabriolet as a rich man's play toy and a coupe as a poor boy racer's best shot at hanging with the big dogs. It's just the way we were raised; it's the American way.
7f630946.jpg

This is exactly what I am talking about. A no-status coupe owner, green with envy and hate, at the very thought of my status laden cabriolet.

I get this type of reaction everywhere I go. When I drop the top on my cabriolet at a red light people just stare and drool. I can't help it that the general public perceives a cabriolet as a rich man's play toy and a coupe as a poor boy racer's best shot at hanging with the big dogs. It's just the way we were raised; it's the American way.
View attachment 168905

:lol::rlaugh::stupid::lol::rlaugh:

Read signature again, and let me know what my other car is "Green with envy" :rlaugh::shrug::rlaugh::rlaugh:

I don't know any, 'average' Mustang owners. Most of the folks I know are enthusiasts. I wouldn't put it past any of them to spank a V6 with a slush box in just about any GT ever made save for a bone stock Fox.

What I read in this thread is that you are NOT a driver. Were you a driver, you would probably not have made the choices that you've made in car selection, and not gripe about things that you gripe about in the slection you've made.

Paddle shifters in vert 6? For what??? Someplace to hang your pony tail when the top is up?

I smell a troll.

/thread

I think you're calling it right, I almost want to jump out and say "statuskill" is his **partner**if you know what I'm saying, they riding a hardone, almost like it's the same person just trying to stir something :shrug: Read entire thread, you'll see it.

I think you're calling it right, I almost want to jump out and say "statuskill" is his **partner**if you know what I'm saying, they riding a hardone, almost like it's the same person just trying to stir something :shrug: Read entire thread, you'll see it.

Either that or wildly inflated egos coupled a complete lack of automotive.... anything.

I don't see the point in buying a manual. I prefer the hands free option. We have been outsourcing mundane chores like these for decades.

Look; I pay a guy to mow my yard, trim my hedges, wash my cars, pick up my teacup Maltese feces, clean my house, and cook most of my meals. Why in the world would I shift gears on my own?
View attachment 168884

Because it's fun.

:lol::rlaugh::stupid::lol::rlaugh:

Read signature again, and let me know what my other car is "Green with envy" :rlaugh::shrug::rlaugh::rlaugh:

I think everyone would agree with me when I say that that generation of mustang is arguably the most unattractive ever crapped out of the Ford factory. That car has what I call "reverse status". Screams, "I want to have the status of a cabriolet, but I am too poor to afford one with any bit of class and refinement". All I can do is thank you for not posting a picture of it. I googled "2004 Mustang 40th anniversary" and what I saw was quite hard on the eyes.

7f630946.jpg

Ok I don't know what all the sexual jokes and Kentucky jokes are for. I came here to compliment another members nice cabriolet and get made fun of for driving a girls car. I think that the owner of this website or whoever runs it can check my ip address as well as the other guys and see that I am in Kentucky where I say I am and he is somewhere else.

Another thing; I don't see why I am being ridiculed for purchasing a car for reasons other than what is apparently the norm. I get my kills by making dads in minivans jealous, you get your's by racing high schoolers in civics in-between stoplights in 20 mph school zones. It's an ego boost either way you look at it; my way just happens to be a lot safer for those around me.

7f630946.jpg

Ok I don't know what all the sexual jokes and Kentucky jokes are for. I came here to compliment another members nice cabriolet and get made fun of for driving a girls car. I think that the owner of this website or whoever runs it can check my ip address as well as the other guys and see that I am in Kentucky where I say I am and he is somewhere else.

Another thing; I don't see why I am being ridiculed for purchasing a car for reasons other than what is apparently the norm. I get my kills by making dads in minivans jealous, you get your's by racing high schoolers in civics in-between stoplights in 20 mph school zones. It's an ego boost either way you look at it; mine way just happens to be a lot safer for those around me.

View attachment 168881

:stupid::Teh-Win:

Svtpilot: I am not trying to impress you. You are an enthusiast and know far too much. The people who I am looking to belittle are the other 99.99%. Mr. And Mrs. Honda Oddessy. To them my car is a second or third car driven on weekends. It is a status symbol. It passes easily for a 2011. Lucky for me, at least where I live, enthusiast are few and far between. On the other hand I see Mr. Corolla at every stop light, intersection, parking lot, etc. For him, my 2012 Mustang does it's job sitting perfectly still, silky cabriolet top nestled comfortably in the trunk. I don't need a v8 with 600 horse power. That is juvenile and unsafe. All I need is an empty spot towards the back of wal-mart parking lot. I drop my cabriolet top and the bums just drool.
7f630946.jpg

It's equals it is. You want its.

Sorry, I see this mistake from my students all the time. Drop your top and let your Mustang do its job.

I agree you don't need 600 horses when one Mustang will do.