Looking for advice on Drag Radials

91StangLX

Mar 26, 2004
Thinking of going with the BF Goodrich Drag Radials. I am running on 16" Pony wheels and presently have Cooper Cobra Radials all the way around.

I need something with better traction that is still very streetable. What size and brand do you all recommend.

• Sponsors (?)

I like the Nitto 555r's, and am able to get them for about 350 for 2. But I've also heard good thing about the BFG dr's.. Might want to check out stangnet reviews and see the reviews on the drag radials.

The Et streets I have now are very streetable I think. I run them 24/7. If you want awsome traction then get the STREETS. If you want Medium traction and NEAR bad behaviour in wet weather, get the BFG's. With a 16'' wheel a 255/50/16 would be nice.

I am in love with my M/T streets. They are awsome. I will never try my luck with DRAG radials anymore.

I have the BFG's and they are super. Highly, recommended. They took four tens off the sixty foots!!!!

And they work better in the rain than the M/T Indy Profile SS tires that I had. It is still squirrelly in the rain, but I think it is just power.

im running the 255/50/R16 BFG comp DR's on chrome ponies and have gotten about a year and a half of daily summer driving on them. They are now bald and one leaks pretty bad from a bunch of small holes. They pick up every pepple on the road but they are excellent tires for traction. They wear out pretty quick and when they loose their tread do not drive in rain because youll slide all over driving normal. If you dont mind the wear factor than get the BFG's, me on the other hand, Im gonna try out the nitto 555R's this year and see how those are, I heard they last a little longer but dont hook as good. Either way I think you'll be happy with either nitto or BFG considering what u have now.

I wanted Nitto 555R's but someone had a good deal on used MT ET Streets. I love these things, I don't think I will ever use a DR after riding on these et's. They are VERY streetable. They just won't last too long but I don't daily drive my stang anyways so it works out for me.

I just got rid of my nittos because they were bald! I love em!! They are a better street tire then my Sumotomos!! They have an actual tread,so they are great in the rain.At the track it was weird,you had to heat them up just rite,or they would spin. I got a new pair of Hoosier quick time pros,Ive only had them on for a few days so I cant give you much feed back on them.When its dry out they seem to handle fine!! I havent drivin them yet in the rain yet.When I get to the track this weekend,I am sure they will blow the nittos away for drag racing.There pretty much a real slick,they have the same rubber compound as a slick.BUT,,the nittos last a lot longer then the rest of the DR's.After these Im going with the ET-streets,or the new et-street radials,not sure yet.

I've had my Nitto 555R 275/40R17s for several months now and they are the best street tire I've had. They hook really well when dry, better when hot and in the wet they grip better than the Nitto 555 255/40R17s they replaced.

Good Luck, Don

I borrowed my friends ET streets it has awesome traction, but SUCKs in wet pavement. One time we had a weeks worth of rain almost and I remember having some close calls. It's bad enough when you are in 5th and the car gets sideways at 1200rpms. I did enjoy them on dry, sunny days though :)

I've had a both bfg and nitto, and what i feel is that the nittos are the best for a daily driver, or a car that sees rain. The BFG's are better for all out traction.

The nittos get about triple the mileage, and when warm in the rain, they still stick hard.

Also, if anyone see's any drag radials in 18's please let me know.

I've already seen the bfg g-force drag radial in 18's and the nitto's but the width of the nitto is way too much for an 8.5 inch rims.
Thanks.