Lost key changed lock cyl found key 96 gt

ttarpddot

Aug 2, 2023
96 gt lost key drilled outbignition 3 days later found key had key fitted to New ignition key was the original that was lost for 3 days but started the car before all this during the 3; days I tried every online solution to reset then found lost key (original. For car). Now car starts runs for one second dies theft light blinking whole time on run blinks faster

• Sponsors (?)

I had to read through that 4 times to see if it made any sense at all. I think I've got it but you should consider revising that post to make it clear.

It seems like the trouble that you are having is that you drilled out the ignition switch and now the car runs for a few seconds then quits with the theft deterrent light flashing. Is this correct?

I was kinda lost as well. Sounds like you PATS is unhappy. As I understand it, you still have the original key. Try this... Turn the ignition on with your new key. The theft light will blink. Take your original key and hold it under the ignition cylinder. Hopefully the reader will read the key and the theft light will go out and you can start and drive the car.