Lots of Awesome New Pictures! (Post-Suspension)

• Sponsors (?)

keep that gay looking guy awat from your nice car and you wont have any issues with that beauty

:fuss:

Nate, I know you wouldn't be whoring off your car, now would you???? :rolleyes:

:D J/k, it looks good! I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. The Cobra calipers are actually cheaper than the 2 piston PBR GT ones. I went to my local O'Reilly tonight and looked around with them on their computer for a good half hour or so. If it all works out (i.e. if I can get the parts I need, mainly the mounting brackets), I'm looking at less than $250 for the COMPLETE Cobra front brake upgrade! Not too shabby!

Looks awesome, Will!

Ever thought of a small cowl hood and removing the rear spoiler? Just a thought! Eitherway, looks great! Do you have 60ft times before and after?

:D J/k, it looks good! I think I'm going to go ahead and do it. The Cobra calipers are actually cheaper than the 2 piston PBR GT ones. I went to my local O'Reilly tonight and looked around with them on their computer for a good half hour or so. If it all works out (i.e. if I can get the parts I need, mainly the mounting brackets), I'm looking at less than $250 for the COMPLETE Cobra front brake upgrade! Not too shabby!

Thought I'd give an update on this ^^.

Turns out that I can't get the brackets with the calipers at that nice price. The O'Reilly ones didnt, but the guys at Advance were really confident that their calipers came with the bracket, and I was really hoping they were, as they were only $40 each. :eek: But, they got here this morning and turns out that they didn't come with the bracket either (the calipers did look REALLY good, btw). And I can't get the bracket itself from anyone other than Ford, and they want over $150 for the brackets. They must be out of their mind.

However, I can get 03-04 Calipers WITH the brackets for about $70 each, which still isn't bad. I could go with pads/rotors from brakemotive on Ebay for about $90, which would lower the total price by about $50. But after doing a good amount of research, I have found some really nice slotted, powder-coated, Centric (top of the line) rotors for $120. Throw in a nice set of ceramic pads and braided lines, and I'm still only looking at less than $350. Not too shabby for a complete, relatively-high-quality Cobra front brake kit, especially when you consider that the "COBRA" calipers can't be found anymore, and the kits that you can find (which have the Bullitt calipers) run $600 (and have worse quality rotors).

So all in all, I'd say $350 is a GREAT deal for what I'd be getting. HOWEVER, I've decided to hold off on the brakes for a little while and do some more go-fast stuff first. Then, 8 months from now if I decide to definitely keep the car, I'll throw the brakes on.

Not to get off topic but dang Sneaky, I been gone for about a year come back and you got a Blower & some Wheels and everything. Nice to see you still got the old stang, I guess thats what I get for being gone so long lol!!

Haha, yea, it has come a LONG ways from a couple of years ago. Wheels, bolt-ons, supercharger, suspension. Planning to do gears, more boost, and methanol in the next couple of months. Going for an 11 second daily driver. :nice:

Looks awesome, Will!

Ever thought of a small cowl hood and removing the rear spoiler? Just a thought! Eitherway, looks great! Do you have 60ft times before and after?

Thanks, Mark!

I actually have thought of that. The hood has had a bad spot on the front right corner since I bought it, and the spoiler has had the clearcoat peeling off for years, so I've always wanted to fix/replace them.

For the spoiler, I've never liked the no-spoiler look, but I do, however, love the Saleen S281 wing. I'm probably going to do that one day.

As for the hood, I LOVE the look of the '95 Cobra R hood, especially in combination with the S281 wing. However, if I have the choice of spending $1000 on the hood/spoiler or spending that money on something performance related, it will almost definitely be on the performance stuff. So I doubt it'll ever happen, and definitely not any time soon.

Looks awesome Will:nice:

I'll keep an eye out for ya next time I'm in Raleigh

Thanks! Yea, I'm normally in the south or western part of Raleigh. Every time I see a yellow GT, I look to see if it's a girl driving, haha.