MASTER CYLINDER CAP LEAK

tomypasta

Dec 14, 2008
Florida
I have a 65 fastback that someone converted to power disc front and left the rear drums. I beleive that the conversion was a Scott Drake conversion kit. It has a booster and a two compartment master with a proporsioning valve on the real line. My problem is that the cap keeps leaking. I have replaced the cap and the rubber diaphram and I even tried bending the bail a little to make it a little tighter. I also made sure the the surface was good and clean and ran a little emery cloth on it just to be sure. No matter what I do the cap leaks and the master is always wet. I was thinking that maybe there is too much presure inside the master? If it was what would create that? Anybody have any ideas or has had the same problem please let me know. Thanks for reading. [email protected]

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

i had the exact same problem, i ended up replacing the entire master cylinder and lid, i still had to bend the arm to stop the smaller leak on the new one. I think my problem was probably a bad lid in hindsight.

I understand that bench bleeding is very important and if not done correctly can give excess presure to the MC. I can post these distructions if required.

Steve