RANT!!! Media questions

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the insight on CarFix. Was one of my favorite shows. Not so much anymore. Speaking of Motortrend shows, does anyone know what happened to Christy Lee from All Girls Garage? She’s gone too.

1. What happened to Jared and Lou on Carfix? I am sure I saw Jared as a kid working for Chip Foose, if not Boyd C. This new guy got me to delete the DVD timer for the show.

2. Older question - are Car Craft and Hot Rodder really dead? And did anyone get an offer to extend their Hot Rod subscription for the time already paid on the other magazines? I plan on calling about that when I find the letter. The offer for an online TV service is pointless when I already get the channels.

Don’t like the new guys on car fix. I’m boycotting
Had it set up on my DVR. As soon as I saw the new guys I deleted. The little short guy was formerly on "Trucks" on Power Nation. Didn't care for him there either.

Motor Trend Group is a total joke! Anything auto related they destroy. I had a subscription to Mustang Monthly and kept it for years until Dobbs sold out to the west coast. It ultimately fell under MTG and the last issue I saw was one of the worst magazines I've ever seen. I had subscribed to Muscle Car Review for over 10 years and just renewed last August for 2 years. No offer, notification, nada, when MTG folded it. Read their BS crap on their website about contacting subscribers and "doing right" by them. Yeah, okay douche bags! I figured they'd offer time on their network streaming..most of those shows IMHO are total crap.

The excuse about magazine sales declining due to internet, social media, younger generations, whatever handy excuse, is BS. If that were the case, why is their namesake magazine "Motor Trend" still being published?! That magazine has been a worthless piece of crap for 30+ years or more. Good for subscriptions for doctor's office waiting rooms! Many people still like the tactile feel of flipping through a magazine. The magazines are also a huge reason why we see many hidden cars. So many people have some rare and desirable stuff that get locked away. Most of us never know about or ever see it except through magazine articles. IMHO the internet still hasn't replaced that.

I'd love a class action lawsuit against them for still taking subscriptions right up until they dumped everything and then offer their live stream/app crap they're trying to push down peoples throats. The down side to that is the only ones that would really be affected are the poor 8-4 slobs that are left after their pre Christmas down sizing this past year. The upper management decision makers wouldn't hurt.

And that's MY rant on them!!

I have a question about Power Nation's Engine Power. Where is Mike Galley? Pat T. Is still there, but with a new kid that sounds like a recent grad from a tech school.
Last season, it seemed like they were using anything around the shop because of budget or parts supply issues. Now they are at it again, but without Mike. Mike reminds me of a friend who is a John Deere Tech by day and a semi pro trumpeter by evenings and weekends.
Detroit Muscle is swapping one guy out, but it sounds like he is going to a new show in the group of shows.
I think the Power Block was picked up by Gray Media (could it be owned by those grays from Roswell :) ) and became Power Nation. I saw what Gray Media did with station personnel when they bought several studios in the state. They promptly and ruthlessly moved or fired a lot of staff. And it seems they are using our smaller market stations for a training and maybe interns.
So where's Mike Galley?